Moving / Attacking at the same time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving / Attacking at the same time.

It feels awfully slow sometimes I am just stuck in place still attacking while trying to move out of harms way it's kind of annoying to deal with when mobs are so aggressive.

I was thinking of this too, it'd give us a lot more freedom since the fighting style is really plain. But i thought they would never add it since it'd change a bit, especially for the MOBA when it releases. I would love to see this happen though.

Comment

Yeah it is sort of annoying but, playing as Audrey to kite enemies i often have to dash or walk backwards after firing a load of bullets to re position. I like the movement at the moment I think that positioning is a nice element that this adds to the game.

Comment

I'm with the OP on this one. Moving should cancel any ability animation. It sucks being stuck in combat animation when pressing a button to move.

Comment

Abilities can cancel any current animation so you can use the dash whenever you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            Abilities can cancel any current animation so you can use the dash whenever you need.
            Movement should be a viable option for dodging. You shouldn't have to rely on a dash/jump all the time. When I tell my character to move via the movement keys it should be not be animation locked.
            Last edited by [CBT1]BasedGod; 05-20-2016, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Well you guys have to understand that if they remove the animation the game would be way too easy on an entire lower level and most especially for when they release pvp. If anything, all i can see is if our auto-attacks are to be delayed so we can move around in between auto-attacks, which is called kiting in moba games even though i hate to bring this up .. which brings back to what i said, anything done with this system can change the game entirely. Sadly it's best to leave it as is.

Comment

I really wanted to be able to kite while playing Audrey. It takes relatively large mouse movements to dash horizontally and then re-target attacks. Many times I would be too slow moving the mouse and end up dashing right into the middle of the mobs. I got used to it eventually, though, and it doesn't matter much when you're in a party and somebody else is pulling all the aggro.

Comment

Originally posted by Castle View Post
                  It feels awfully slow sometimes I am just stuck in place still attacking while trying to move out of harms way it's kind of annoying to deal with when mobs are so aggressive.
                  I personally don't care to much I would prefer the freedom to move around... but it would take away some challenge to the game...

Comment

That might be overkill for PvP.

Comment

I would agree, it is bothersome to have to rely on hopping to move around if im in danger, especially on Ara, but it would do more harm than good honestly. Imagine chars like audrey and Ara in pvp, you'd just get snipped while they're moving around you like a hawk. That's not challenging at all, and sooo many people would complain. I'd just suggest lowering the mana cost of escape skills in pve. Like, audrey for example, if she dashes twice, it costs her 100 mana, while ara takes, what, 20 per hop? Kinda unfair

Comment

For a ranged type Ara seemed to have some better defensive skills than Audrey, like Tidal Wave that pushed enemies away versus Aud's Incendiary which only slowed and the "wall" and mine were never very far in front of you; some dash type mobs seemed to be immune to the slow as well (never got Ara up high enough to meet those types). Dash was buggy maybe, I click dash and would move forward or in mouse direction real fast quickly but then she'd just stop there instead of continuing to move (used mouse mode pretty exclusively) unless I also had left click down but the 2 together would trigger gatling gun which is a stand still skill that won't last long if you don't have a lot of mana left and then are left with no mana to use dash. Being forced to use a high mana drain evasion skill to survive meant less mana to use interrupts or high damage skills. It was nice when I finally got the drone skill as it could pull aggro since I was soloing thru most of the mission quests and finally able to finish the 2nd mirror to get Hera after I got the drone.

Comment

Working...
                        X