Umaru's Patent Ara Guide!~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umaru's Patent Ara Guide!~

Ok, I've been seeing way too many Ara dealing subpar dmg and way too many people calling Ara a bad character. So I've finally decided to post this on the forums, because obviously, its badly needed. Many Ara players seem to forget that Ara is a hybrid of melee and range characters, and tend to stay back and spam left click. This is a TERRIBLE way to play Ara. What Ara players need to do, in order to deal more damage, is very simple: ACTUALLY USE THE JUMP BUTTON. When i spam jump usually get a consistent 9K-12K at lvl 90. To achieve perfect damage from the jumps, hold the left mouse button, and then use the right mouse button to jump. While doing this, you want to preemptively aim where the enemies are GOING to be. So if you are jumping to the left, aim right, and if you are jump to the right, aim left. Above are pictures that show the difference in dmg when using these moves. You'll also want to use the "Speed Shooter" passive along with the Passive that turns your water spray into bubbles. I like to call this the "Bubble Buster" build. Now i bet you're wondering, "How much better is this build, and will this actually make Ara a better character." The answer is: YES TOTALLY WAT. I ran a test earlier with another Ara in Player Training. They used their skills normally with the occasional jump, while i was using the Bubble Buster build. The difference in dmg was 61.4% to 38.6%.(me being the 61%) That's a HUGE difference and is easily a much better way to use Ara. Now, go use what you have learned, and #MakeAraGreatAgain

EDIT: I just tested jump with ALL of my SP in it. It boosted my dmg by 40%, WHICH WAS HUUUGE. So yeah there's that xD.
    EDIT2: So i was looking through the detailed stats in the menu and i saw "Airborne attack dmg" This means that this build can be made stronger directly when this stat becomes available. Prepare yourselves boys, Ara's going to become a bird.
    Last edited by [CBT2]Umaru; 06-24-2016, 08:20 PM.

Thank you for the guide

Comment

No problem!~ Tell your fellow Ara players if they are having trouble with their DPS.

Comment

Found your "how to play Ara tutorial" you mention and I not going to say anything about the test as well as the other Ara. But doing what you're saying with a mixture of the Octopus Bombs (and of course Deep Sea) while jumping (since this way of fighting seem to give you a lot of mana to spare) will greatly increase your DPS.

Comment

Let's just say that run with that other Ara was a huge help in this little science experiment, I'd like to give them the proper thanks, as there weren't many other Ara who I could run with at the time.~
          Last edited by [CBT2]Umaru; 06-24-2016, 12:38 AM.

Comment

This is a pretty solid guide, as a bonus Ara is the cutest so of course she'll be picked because of her cute Loli looks until they actually learn she's really good at combat 8D

Comment

Ara smell like pooo <3 love you umaru

Comment

Uzni plz. (love you too bby <3)

Comment

Nice guide.

Comment

Thanks! Although, I'm not sure if this guide will stay relevant come OBT time. Let's hope it does so my planning and experimenting both don't go to waste.~ xD

Comment

Nice guide tho i dont play ara <3

Comment

Hopefully people will use the jump more come obt, never forget bird Ara #twintainsaswings

Really nice guide though Umaru hopefully it brings more Ara mains around

Comment

Originally posted by Esper View Post
                          Hopefully people will use the jump more come obt, never forget bird Ara #twintainsaswings

Really nice guide though Umaru hopefully it brings more Ara mains around
                          Is this Esper from cbt that Q'ed up with me for like 5 hours? I managed to hit 101 a few hours before closing. Did you start having connection problems?

Towards the topic I did notice a huge difference in damage when I tried the jump. I had only leveled her up to 20 so not much else to say about it except it felt way more dynamic and fun to play as JUMP MASTER ARA.

Comment

Originally posted by Yui View Post

Is this Esper from cbt that Q'ed up with me for like 5 hours? I managed to hit 101 a few hours before closing. Did you start having connection problems?

Towards the topic I did notice a huge difference in damage when I tried the jump. I had only leveled her up to 20 so not much else to say about it except it felt way more dynamic and fun to play as JUMP MASTER ARA.
                            yep it is, at one point my connection was getting a little weird and kept cutting (I blame the storm that was happening) but I did make it to 100 with more than enough time to spare lol

Comment

Working...
                            X