Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we play on an older version of Herowarz for CBT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did we play on an older version of Herowarz for CBT?

anyone? people play KR version, what are your thoughts?

something benny foster said in another thread.
    Originally posted by Benny Foster View Post
    Our version of HeroWarz is a bit different from what you see in the Korean version.
    What is shown in the image is what the skill window previously looked like and what we have now in our game is the current version.
    What that means is... What you see there is not what you'll see in the future in our version. ^^
    Last edited by [CBT2]jon; 06-26-2016, 12:15 PM.

the KR version and global are always going to be different and that goes without saying for just about every game..Korean version is ahead of us. However i think what he might be saying is that our skills might be different because our communities or players want something different or feel differently about certain mechanics/content.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
      the KR version and global are always going to be different and that goes without saying for just about every game..Korean version is ahead of us. However i think what he might be saying is that our skills might be different because our communities or players want something different or feel differently about certain mechanics/content.
      dang, i hope our skill system eventually becomes like the KR system

Comment

in several interviews, the staff have said that the global one, the one we are playing is the REBOOT VERSION. So our, the global version, is the new and improved version of the Korean one. So what we are testing has some similar aspects to the Korean one but its different. The skills will not be like the KR one because ours is the new, balanced and improved version. The skill page you see in game is our skill page for OBT and etc. If you do not like something then suggest it in the feedback section. They actually do read it and take our suggestions seriously.

This reboot that we are playing are taking all of the good aspects of Herowarz <Korean> and deleting/replacing all of the bad aspects to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

So that skill page was changed because they had complaints on the Korean version about the skill layout or they felt that it was overwhelming and decided to change the format of it so we players do not feel the same way. Also the skills, themselves, will most likely be toned down as well in order to promote gameplay balance. Some characters in the Korean version is too OP and had to be changed to make it more balance. That way players can choose different characters and play well with other players instead of them soloing all the time or taking over all the time.
        Last edited by [CBT2]JeiBae; 06-26-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeiBae View Post
          in several interviews, the staff have said that the global one, the one we are playing is the REBOOT VERSION. So our, the global version, is the new and improved version of the Korean one. So what we are testing has some similar aspects to the Korean one but its different. The skills will not be like the KR one because ours is the new, balanced and improved version. The skill page you see in game is our skill page for OBT and etc. If you do not like something then suggest it in the feedback section. They actually do read it and take our suggestions seriously.

This reboot that we are playing are taking all of the good aspects of Herowarz <Korean> and deleting/replacing all of the bad aspects to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

So that skill page was changed because they had complaints on the Korean version about the skill layout or they felt that it was overwhelming and decided to change the format of it so we players do not feel the same way. Also the skills, themselves, will most likely be toned down as well in order to promote gameplay balance. Some characters in the Korean version is too OP and had to be changed to make it more balance. That way players can choose different characters and play well with other players instead of them soloing all the time or taking over all the time.
          Any sources to back this up ? links to said interviews or statements ? sounds like personal deduction for the most part.
          On the subject of HUD, this "revamped" version if it really is looks backwards and unpractical in many aspects mainly the idea of having it being fullscreen. Plus the OVER enlarged fonts and buttons makes it look like it was designed for kids.
          Comparing Koggames version to the KR one is something that will always happen and until said otherwise i still think and hope this version is an old one.

Comment

http://2p.com/42724142_1/Exclusive-H...res-by-Wei.htm
            http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/18...aracter-roles/
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfuhkKll2Vg

not only that...you can change it to window mode btw. If you went to the client before you press start game, there's a cog (?) at the top for settings, you could have used safe mode which is window mode. Also in options you could have changed the graphic style and changed it to window mode from there as well.

and it is beta testing there are a lot of kinks so provide feedback so they can change it. #researchisknowledge #knowledgeispower

Also they have not release everything yet as well. #Cantwait

umm the GUI wasn't OVERLY large like you were saying but idk XD its personal preference; make a feedback thread if you want it to change
            Last edited by [CBT2]JeiBae; 06-26-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Honestly i don't really like the inventory and character info like the kr versions. Theirs actually looks more updated so if anything that could be change I would hope that would at least. When i see the skill trees that kr has honestly it looks better then what we have opinion wise to. I know ours is suppose to be rebooted but at the moment it kinda just doesn't look that way so i can understand why others would think that way to. Also about skill trees to me Kr versions also looks bigger then then what i see now but i understand this is a reboot and that to get other skill upgrades we have to get gear for it but then that's where the annoying range farming begins. I'am normally used to a bigger skill tree in games and I always enjoy making builds so i hope the skill tree gets bigger at least or at least trim down the range gear and possibly add a few to the skill tree to.
              Last edited by [CBT2]Sadist; 06-26-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadist View Post
                Honestly i don't really like the inventory and character info like the kr versions. Theirs actually looks more updated so if anything that could be change I would hope that would at least. When i see the skill trees that kr has honestly it looks better then what we have opinion wise to. I know ours is suppose to be rebooted but at the moment it kinda just doesn't look that way so i can understand why others would think that way to. Also about skill trees to me Kr versions also looks bigger then then what i see now but i understand this is a reboot and that to get other skill upgrades we have to get gear for it but then that's where the annoying range farming begins. I'am normally used to a bigger skill tree in games and I always enjoy making builds so i hope the skill tree gets bigger at least or at least trim down the range gear and possibly add a few to the skill tree to.
                ahh that is true! I should add that to my feedback as well. I do prefer my inventory not taking up the full screen. Thanks for reminding me! <3 the more people that talk about the interface the more likely it will get reverted back :3

Comment

While I do not like the Korean skill system (it looks like a mess), I would like more options in terms of skills and ways to make your character unique without gear. I also like the inventory system, we have quite a bit of inventory space so the fact that it takes up the full screen doesn't really bother me as there is no need to clear out your inventory before you cleared a mission. My biggest hope is MUCH more end game content (and preferably more varied things to do).

Comment

I actually like the UI we had on NA compared to KRs. Maybe they can compromise and make it so you can use either one via options menu. That would be cool. xD

Comment

Originally posted by Umaru View Post
                      I actually like the UI we had on NA compared to KRs. Maybe they can compromise and make it so you can use either one via options menu. That would be cool. xD
                      OH! I like the idea of that ^___^ Benny Foster nim~~~~ Can we have both?

Comment

alright, from what Ive gathered by playing on the kr for a bit, the skill UI they give you looks like a mess but it's just all the skills and skill mods for each skill(i think?) only reached level 33 so far on bigwang. im assuming all the skill mods are already available and all you have to do is level up and unlock them, instead of finding them on rare/epic gear. I tested this claim with Mary and it's true, by level 20, i had some of the skill mods that you would obtain through gear.

another thing is you start gaining SP right from the beginning, instead of leveling up to 70 before gaining any SP like NA version.

their inventory UI and stuff is much better imo. doesn't take up the entire screen and looks cleaner and refined(yeah i know it's been out much longer in kr so it should look nice)

overall KRHW feels faster, but that's maybe because once you finish tutorial you're already level 20 and they give you some good starting gear after tutorial( i dont know if there are any EXP events currently happening, though)

all that said, I think NAHW UI looks like a beta version compared to KRHW's UI

i wish you guys could also play the KR version to decide which one you actually prefer

i just hope our version is just for now and will upgrade to KR's version in the future
                        Last edited by [CBT2]jon; 06-26-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeiBae View Post
                          http://2p.com/42724142_1/Exclusive-H...res-by-Wei.htm
                          http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/18...aracter-roles/
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfuhkKll2Vg

not only that...you can change it to window mode btw. If you went to the client before you press start game, there's a cog (?) at the top for settings, you could have used safe mode which is window mode. Also in options you could have changed the graphic style and changed it to window mode from there as well.

and it is beta testing there are a lot of kinks so provide feedback so they can change it. #researchisknowledge #knowledgeispower

Also they have not release everything yet as well. #Cantwait

umm the GUI wasn't OVERLY large like you were saying but idk XD its personal preference; make a feedback thread if you want it to change
                          I don't think you understood what i meant by HUD or you prefer it being called GUI ? what's this about windowed mode and whatnot.
                          And the only information gathered from these links were not even related to anything you said apart from them trying to have their own skill system and then again nothing is said about it being the final OBT version you claim... while the other only relates to the Chinese version when you were talking about a "reboot" (it's written in red at the beginning). The video is ~27 minutes of them talking about the main story and each characters' back story with some bits about how they haven't released some characters for balancing.
                          So yeah if you have more i'm willing to read and watch.

Comment

Played a KR version of the game and, honestly, it felt and it looked way more updated, way more polished, both graphically and mechanically.

First, my likes:
                            • I liked the idea of having main skills in the skill tree and "upgrades" drop tied to items (yes, the idea, not it's delivery - will elaborate later).
                            • I liked the slower progression. In KR, you end up lvl 20-22 after you finish tutorial and then, every following dungeon increases your level by 3-4 levels (naturally, you level up less and less the higher level you are).
                            However, That about sums up what i liked about our CBT in comparison to KR.

Dislikes:
                            • UI. Felt like it's made for a tablet / mobile game or for children. Huge buttons, UI taking the whole screen, etc.
                            • Missing skills / attack patterns. There were skills that i missed from KR. Not minor ones, but major ones. Attack patterns, mostly. Our CBT felt lacking in comparison to KR.
                            • Only one town (hub / lobby / whatever you call it). In KR, you can enter the portal at the start of a mission map to leave the mission and go to corresponding town that has the said mission's portal (plus some other missions around the town / level range - you know, just like a city having several entries / exits).
                            What i found odd:
                            • Leveling up one level per dungeon (as if monsters gave 0 exp and you only gained an exact level, but not the set amount of experience for completing the mission). Did not like this. Did not dislike this either. Maybe it wouldn't have felt so odd if i leveled an extra level or two every, say, 5 dungeons or so? From all the accumulated experience from just killing monsters.
                            • Overall graphics. I cannot put a finger on it, but as i said before, KR seemed more updated and, overall, polished game. It includes graphics / vfx. Maybe because the better looking UI (inventory, skills window, quests.. etc. That is the type of UI that i would gladly have in our version). Or maybe it's because of the combination of both UI and attack patterns, etc. that were removed in our version? I can't tell.
                            All that said, i liked the overall cbt experience, as it was new to me (i have tried the KR after the cbt - to see what's the original like). Leveling was fun, the story is somewhat interesting and full of asian humor, which i loved (favorite part was the Snow White's story, lol). However, the game we are getting is in dire need of some improvements / updates. UI, first of all. Mobile games do not keep me interested for long. And then some other small things, such as multiple towns / world map.

Cheers o/

Comment

"Maybe it wouldn't have felt so odd if i leveled an extra level or two"
                              There's no point in doing so. The mechanic of exp is tied to 1 level per dungeon, with the great exp nerf if your level is at least 1 higher...
                              You would just throw a lot of time in trash

Comment

Working...
                              X