Audrey Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audrey Feedback

Before i start giving feedback on Audrey i'd like to mention that i hit lv 107 today so i definitely know what im talking about and i've put time into her.

So far as i can tell, Audrey is pretty smooth to play but a little complicated to play as a beginning if you arent used to moving with your mouse a lot. The main reason why is because in solo play or even the higher end maps where you have to dodge a lot of things, you'll need to constantly dash around with right click and left click to attack constantly to not lose out on DPS. She has pretty good survivalability since most of the bosses you could dodge all the attacks if you stand her the edge of her attack radius. Her damage is pretty good for bosses, but mobbing is pretty inconsistent... The two most common build for mobbing is either running photon bomb-->photon wep tornado into photon charge time decrease + chain more targets + lower charge cost + damage + charging photon will deal damage to monsters touching it. This build is pretty good for mobbing and solo play because when you release the charge, it shoots forward and knockbacks all enemies in front of you and then pulls them into a tornado dealing AOE damage. With charge procs, it should definitely kill any mobs around your level. This build lacks DPS on boss because you cant change the direction after you start charging. A nice change is that you should be able to move directions while you charge, not audrey moving but the direction which you fire it should be allowed to changed. The second build is probably the Gatling build which i've liked since it has a really good balance to DPS overall between boss/mob. The build im doing currently is Chance to reload time, up to 2 times on 3 pieces of gear + increase damage. I think there needs to be a change in this ability that gives Gatling 100% pierce with no limit to how many targets it can pierce. The damage of gatling is definitely lower than photon in terms of mobbing and i definitely found out that for some odd reason, not sure if intentional or not, but Gatling doesnt have unlimited pierce. After like the 10th mob or so, sometimes the bullets wont pierce anymore. The damage i think need to be raised slightly, not necessary to match photons DPS, but it seems a lil low for a mobbing skill and piercing should be 100% to unlimited targets unless it was intended to stop at around 10-20 targets. For bossing, i think Gatling is kind of a waste of mana but if compared to photon, i would say Gatling definitely beats photon tornado in its current state. All in all, i feel like audrey is a pretty good class and isnt really too far behind in damage when compared to other classes. Some changes i would suggest is fixing or buffing Gatling slightly. Also the SPAS ability needs a slight buff for mana regen, in its current state without applying SP points to SPAS, it simply doesnt regen enough mana at lower lvs, and it regens crazy fast at higher ranks. For instance, during mobbing two shots of lv 3 or higher SPAS could generate a near full if not full mana bar. I think that when you charge photon, you should be able to control its direction before you fire it. The right click, dash move mechanic could use a little fix to be smoother, i found that sometimes i would get stuck randomly without performing a full dash, oddly its once in every 100 or so casts... The recent fix to firecracker doesnt seem enough either...firecracker still is dealing way too much damage if you ask me for its cost. Backfire seems to have a slight glitch, sometimes if u dash right after backfire, it wont recreate a fire zone, or it wont create 3 spots of fire zone likes it suppose to. Also the D2 Destroyer Drone thing, it doesnt seem to have a listed Cooldown after you use it, which is kinda bad. I think its good to know cooldowns. Gun enthusiast also seems a little broken? the ability caps at 10 stacks but i've never been able to reach there? the highest stacks ive achieved is 6. Not sure if its just because im not doing enough damage of if its glitched but ya. The passive Sputnik laser seems to have something extra about it. I'm not sure, but its almost definite that there seems to be a cooldown on it? However that isnt listed either and the reason i say that theres a cooldown on it, is because ive never gotten anything close to a b2b sputnik laser timing..Seems like theres a good 30second -1 minute cooldown. Even if the chance to proc is 1% (seems fairly high tbh since you only need to hit a targets once to even begin the countdown) i've NEVER gotten any two sputnik procs close enough to say that there isnt a cooldown timer on it. D2 Destroyer also needs a slightly higher mana cost, 50 mana is WAY too rewarding for as D2 that does DPS and acts as a dummy for all your enemies to unleash their zero DPS on. Backfire however needs a lower mana cost if you ask me, 200 mana for a skill you get fairly early on and gives out fairly low fairly low damage for 200 mana. If you argue the fact that it moves you back into the equation, i'd rather its cost be down and damage be downed aswell. It just seems like the cost is fairly way too high to be considered a good skill, especially since dash is only a measly 30 mana. That ends my feedback of the class so far, if i have anything to add ill edit the post with an "Edit:" or reply again

-Queen

Edit: After running like 5-10 times in PT with photon tornado build, I think the electric pulse passive thingie rate needs a slight increase. Often times will only proc 3 times in a whole group for the whole duration of the tornado, seems a bit low since the pulse seem to do the same amount of damage as 2-3 auto attacks. Also mine jump seems a lil glitchy? ended up in a wall once.

Edit: just hit 117 http://puu.sh/pEGpD.jpg
    Last edited by [CBT2]Queen; 06-24-2016, 11:27 AM.

Not to sound rude, I am being legit here, but could you please put some spaces in there? Really hard to read as it is

I am still leveling my Audrey (at 61 atm) so I just take whatever gear I get, however I have found that even without gear effects, there are a lot of combination skills you can do. One problem a lot of people seem to have in these fast paced Kill-Everything-Fast type of games, is that they always want to find that one shot skill or build. Personally, I don't like this kind of gameplay, so I tend to shy away from what you might call the Meta. As such I have found some combos I really like.

One combo I enjoy making use of is running in circles for about 10-15 seconds around newly spawned enemies, melee prefered. Once they are all bunched up enough, I hit them with... uhoh here we go already... cant remember names ... the AoE that makes mobs take more damage and blows up the target after a certain amount of time or upon death. Once you hit them with that, (Photon Cannon can help bunch them up too if you like), take Unload and do just that, Unload. While your character is animation locked you can still make use of your incindiary bombs so definitely launch those while they are still bunched up. At this point, that whole group tends to be dead! \o/

Also in regard to Gatling on bosses... it is excellent. Use that AoE skill I forgot the name of when they are in the Red Health bar and just go to town with your gatling, Instant death... well almost. And usually you still have some 200+ Mana at the end of it provided you kept your mana up throughout the rest of the fight. I wouldnt suggest opening with Gatling however, it's more of a finisher.

I take Flash now and the Satelite passive, if I have the mana to spare and think I can easily get it back, if I proc an electric strike I will flash in the middle of the mobs and now all of them are targetted. Backfire is pretty useless imo with it's scorch field not being big enough to give you photon laser skill procs and it just kills your mana. Flash kills it too if you spam but you only need to use it once... or never... that's fine too. Gone hours without it.

That's all I am gonna type right now... its like 6AM and I havent slept so ya...

Graum

Comment

LV: 137 Audrey
      Depth: 165

Tiny things I don't like about the class:

-Can't direct your aim while charging Photon Bomb
      -Sometimes when you use Incendiary Bomb on a target which you clearly hit and use your Photon Cannon skill right after (heat seeker) it doesn't work sometimes.
      -I have to immediately use Incendiary Bomb whenever it's available after cooldown to try and regain mana.
      -I use Mine Jump sometimes and get stuck in walls (map bug).
      -Mana cost compared to the other characters
      -Having to limit myself as a DPS due to mana drain
      -When using Photon Cannon (heat seeker key '2' skill), I feel like the mana given back is too low, even when hitting a large crowd.
      //

I'm not a fan of the gatling, so I won't give feedback on that. I prefer the anti-tank missile, but still hardly ever use it.
      Last edited by [CBT2]Fire; 06-25-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

The mana drain seems to only be rough below 80. Once you start SPing SPAS , the mana is no longer a problem.. in fact its a little OP since at lv 3 you could heal a full mana bar in like a second. Also i think its something with my current build, but i'm able to spam gatling constantly just on regen most of the times...

Comment

Originally posted by Graum View Post
          Not to sound rude, I am being legit here, but could you please put some spaces in there? Really hard to read as it is

I am still leveling my Audrey (at 61 atm) so I just take whatever gear I get, however I have found that even without gear effects, there are a lot of combination skills you can do. One problem a lot of people seem to have in these fast paced Kill-Everything-Fast type of games, is that they always want to find that one shot skill or build. Personally, I don't like this kind of gameplay, so I tend to shy away from what you might call the Meta. As such I have found some combos I really like.

One combo I enjoy making use of is running in circles for about 10-15 seconds around newly spawned enemies, melee prefered. Once they are all bunched up enough, I hit them with... uhoh here we go already... cant remember names ... the AoE that makes mobs take more damage and blows up the target after a certain amount of time or upon death. Once you hit them with that, (Photon Cannon can help bunch them up too if you like), take Unload and do just that, Unload. While your character is animation locked you can still make use of your incindiary bombs so definitely launch those while they are still bunched up. At this point, that whole group tends to be dead! \o/

Also in regard to Gatling on bosses... it is excellent. Use that AoE skill I forgot the name of when they are in the Red Health bar and just go to town with your gatling, Instant death... well almost. And usually you still have some 200+ Mana at the end of it provided you kept your mana up throughout the rest of the fight. I wouldnt suggest opening with Gatling however, it's more of a finisher.

I take Flash now and the Satelite passive, if I have the mana to spare and think I can easily get it back, if I proc an electric strike I will flash in the middle of the mobs and now all of them are targetted. Backfire is pretty useless imo with it's scorch field not being big enough to give you photon laser skill procs and it just kills your mana. Flash kills it too if you spam but you only need to use it once... or never... that's fine too. Gone hours without it.

That's all I am gonna type right now... its like 6AM and I havent slept so ya...

Graum
          How are u able to use satelite and photon laser skill proc? the chain lighting? or w/e its called exactly. Aren't you able to only choose one of the 2 ?

Comment

I don't really have problems with damage either. The most I've hit so far was 84,000.

Comment

idk i think her damage could use a slight buff when you compare her to other classes. As it stands right now, i definitely think B is number 1. Then Hades maybe. Mary at the very bottom and Audrey/Nagne/Ara in the middle of that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fire View Post
                  srsly.... you're lv 124 and the rest of your party is 71/87/91 -,- i think its pretty obvious that you would do 46.8% of the damage. Run with coolgav and see what your % is like.

Comment

Ran with a Derrick in my guild around my level range and he out-DPS'd me. Not only is it mana cost, but I believe it's also because it takes Audrey a while to cast her skills (charging / animation). There's nothing wrong with her damage, but it'd be better if she could attack faster with less mana cost.

Comment

Well mana cost honestly is a REALLY easily fix solution, generally speaking if you're team has some sort of knock up a lv 3 SPAS should recover a full bar a mana in like 2-3 hits. The charging/animation time is definitely long and tedious. Also idk if you noticed, but shes also the only character that ive seen so far that u can atk move 1 block with. Like if u left click and move, you'll only fire once instead of 3 or so many times. Anyways i said i wanted her to get damage buffed because i REALLY doubted that they would change her animations to be faster or charging of skills to be faster. Plus like i said.. shes like a little under the classes except maybe the exception of Mary. and HUGELY under the damage of B

Comment

Yeah. Now that I look at it charge-ups/animation do take a toll on her DPS, also the fact that her mana regen skill doesn't even work half the time, and when it does it's not a significant amount of mana. I'd say cut her mana cost and buff some of her other attacks. Now that I look at B, he has extremely quick skills and can hit harder and faster than Audrey.

Comment

No it works, theres definitely a delay tho, like a lil over a second if you use SPAS regen method like i do. It actually regen a significant amount when you have it at least lv 3. on single mobs probably around 2-3% mana per SPAS proc on 1 mob. Every mob gives the same, so its pretty efficient but i hope that two of the top audrey players in CBT2 could convince "Benny" that audrey needs some tweaks in her kit. Hopefully Benny gets to reading this...

Comment

You need to try +drones on multiple pieces ^^

Comment

yea back in cbt 1 i mained audrey and i thought she was super nice with the build i had its just for her to really be good she needs her skill upgrades from gear. photon tornado was just OP and all you needed to do was tap it and it costed no mp and you got suction tornado with lighting attacking other mobs which just destroyed hp and if u had 2 3 drones out the dps would be crazy and i loved it. I had a Gatling gun mod which basically allowed me to do more dmg on bosses and another mod that if there were any monsters alive in front of me i got to use it again for no mp cost which just made my dps crazy.I had np getting 60% scores on most of my 4 man parties. Just shows that she more reliant on mods to make her good.

Comment

Working...
                              X