Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No new update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No new update?

    Is this game officially dead now?

  • #2
    I thought we get an update every two weeks? The last one was last week.

    Comment


    • #3
      As Tabofren mentioned, patches tend to come every other week. We last patched on Wednesday the 28th, so we still have a week to go until the next expected one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, every two weeks are the "big" changes so we need to wait till Jan 11.

        And about that the game is dead, this is what i think:



        xD
        .
        Last edited by OnVoK; 01-04-2017, 02:35 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LunaticBlade View Post
          Is this game officially dead now?
          Soon.
          I already jumped over to FFXIV.

          Comment


          • Tabofren
            Tabofren commented
            Editing a comment
            What a shame ):

        • #6
          Isn't there supposed to be a small update though, like new venus costumes or something?

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by LunaticBlade View Post
            Isn't there supposed to be a small update though, like new venus costumes or something?
            Venus/Designer costumes change in patches, which again are bi-weekly. We normally don't get small weekly updates, or really any true updates without a patch -- at best, we've gotten sales triggered mid-week for Black Friday and Christmas, or bonus EXP/drop events on weekends.

            As for when they change, the designer looks are scheduled to update on January 10th... the date of our next expected patch.

            Comment


            • #8
              This was June/July when everybody was already saying the game was dead (literally.This gif was there):



              It's also what I remember going on when I first hopped on the forums and was trying to be SUPER nice and stuff with little knowledge of the game.This was the first MMO I've ever been this active in the community on and ESPECIALLY the first game I've used the forums on. (Dude, other players let me have it good too: they got me on my low post count, wanting me to shut my inexperienced mouth and everything haha XD) I won't even bother reading the early posts I had because I'm sure they are hilariously, embarrassingly foolish. I'm sure any long-time veteran players that were there at the time and are reading this are nodding their heads in agreement with me.

              Anyway, yeah. I've been patient since June and even with me starting off being unnecessarily positive, my patience has thinned A LOT. I can only have so much patience. Since release, the "larger" new content of note we've gotten is: 4 new heroes, a market, 1 sidekick from an event (can't remember if the 3 attendance sidekicks already existed or not at release), a weird costume npc that I can't really see myself using at the current exchange rates, an attendance npc, a somewhat sketchy equipment mod-rerolling npc, 1 stage of twilight zone removed, a fully advertised pvp missing, and I think 3 new game "modes"/missions. These are what I remember off the top of my head scratching the events.

              This whole situation has been a great learning experience for me though! I haven't participated in complaining about a game this much since Sonic 06 (which was the first game I got for my xbox 360 when I was little! I have terrible luck in picking games haha!). I've been waiting, so it's partly my fault, but a game can't and shouldn't expect players to wait for the game to get good. And imagine other games hyping a game-selling mode like pvp before release, but telling players it won't be released for >6 months! haha.

              I've been slowly easing away to other games as well lately, especially since we haven't heard from the devs about the game's general plans or direction since pre-release.
              Last edited by Spiral; 01-04-2017, 07:57 PM.

              Comment


              • Tabofren
                Tabofren commented
                Editing a comment
                idk if I am considered a 'veteran player', but I always found you reasonable.
                There were many toxic players back then, but most of them (if not all) are gone now.
                But right now, we're even losing the friendly and most experienced members.

            • #9
              Originally posted by Spiral View Post
              This was June/July when everybody was already saying the game was dead (literally.This gif was there):



              It's also what I remember going on when I first hopped on the forums and was trying to be SUPER nice and stuff with little knowledge of the game.This was the first MMO I've ever been this active in the community on and ESPECIALLY the first game I've used the forums on. (Dude, other players let me have it good too: they got me on my low post count, wanting me to shut my inexperienced mouth and everything haha XD) I won't even bother reading the early posts I had because I'm sure they are hilariously, embarrassingly foolish. I'm sure any long-time veteran players that were there at the time and are reading this are nodding their heads in agreement with me.

              Anyway, yeah. I've been patient since June and even with me starting off being unnecessarily positive, my patience has thinned A LOT. I can only have so much patience. Since release, the "larger" new content of note we've gotten is: 4 new heroes, a market, 1 sidekick from an event (can't remember if the 3 attendance sidekicks already existed or not at release), a weird costume npc that I can't really see myself using at the current exchange rates, an attendance npc, a somewhat sketchy equipment mod-rerolling npc, 1 stage of twilight zone removed, a fully advertised pvp missing, and I think 3 new game "modes"/missions. These are what I remember off the top of my head scratching the events.

              This whole situation has been a great learning experience for me though! I haven't participated in complaining about a game this much since Sonic 06 (which was the first game I got for my xbox 360 when I was little! I have terrible luck in picking games haha!). I've been waiting, so it's partly my fault, but a game can't and shouldn't expect players to wait for the game to get good. And imagine other games hyping a game-selling mode like pvp before release, but telling players it won't be released for >6 months! haha.

              I've been slowly easing away to other games as well lately, especially since we haven't heard from the devs about the game's general plans or direction since pre-release.
              I remember this gif. I loved it.

              However, you're completely right. I loved this game from the beginning (I still do), but it's slowly fading. It's getting boring. Maybe it's also my own fault, because the only character I'm willing to play is Tom and Jerry. So my HW-'variation' is much smaller compared to the average player.
              I don't want to complain too much (because this thread literally got transformed into a complain-thread in like 2 posts lmao), but yeah. Communication.
              I feel like we are drifting in the right direction, but it's too slow.
              But why is that? In my experience, KoG fixes bugs really quick (as I mentioned in a post before), but they're much slower regarding content, compared with the average publisher. Is there a possibility to make a "What is KoG's main goal with HW" section?
              Planned character releases, reworks (which are desperately needed), upcoming gamemodes etc.

              I'll just invite Snow White here, since Suteki already showed up.
              Maybe you guys can give us a heads-up.

              Last edited by Tabofren; 01-05-2017, 04:01 AM.

              Comment


              • #10
                That gif though... I started during Jerry's release so I guess I'm still kinda new to the game
                I don't understand the gear

                Comment


                • Tabofren
                  Tabofren commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So since the official release, right? Jerry got released with the game I think. Then you're not that new, it was in July.

                • LunaticBlade
                  LunaticBlade commented
                  Editing a comment
                  still a noob though

              • #11
                Originally posted by Tabofren View Post
                I feel like we are drifting in the right direction, but it's too slow.
                But why is that? In my experience, KoG fixes bugs really quick (as I mentioned in a post before), but they're much slower regarding content, compared with the average publisher. Is there a possibility to make a "What is KoG's main goal with HW" section?
                Planned character releases, reworks (which are desperately needed), upcoming gamemodes etc.
                This. This so much. I feel like there's still so much potential, but they aren't in the right mindset to capitalize on it.

                As for the thread topic...I don't think it's dead yet. It's quieter, but you still see new players fairly regularly. Forum activity down? Yeah. Some of the veterans who cared and gave so much input finally thrown in the towel? Yeah. Unfortunate that they're moving so slowly in multiple areas of the game.

                Last edited by Driftlock; 01-05-2017, 08:51 PM. Reason: *Edited for poorly placed apostrophes.

                Comment


                • #12
                  RIP in Peace:
                  Benny Foster
                  Elijah
                  Yahu
                  Snow White

                  Comment


                  • Tabofren
                    Tabofren commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Snow White doesn't post that much, she/he still logs in everyday. She was online 20min ago, in fact.

                  • BangBeng
                    BangBeng commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Still he is inactive, you've even mention his name above but he didn't bother.

                  • Snow White
                    Snow White commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's a bit too early to RIP just yet, too soon!
                    If anything, I don't think I'd have the luxury of a peaceful end hahaha!

                    These days I have been working more behind the scenes, but I still visit everyday.
                    It has gotten awfully quiet though, hmm...

                • #13
                  I need a new event. I'm bored.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X