No announcement yet.

A Special Service Announcement - HeroWarz Pause

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad to hear these news and hope the game will come back way better. Anyways I have two questions which I hope can be answered...
    1. Maybe there's an estimated time how much it will take your team to remake the game(months or half year)?
    2. Also after you reopen the game again, all our existing accounts(characters) will be wiped or will it stay?

Comment

• Elijah
      Elijah commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Eclipse. I posted stickied an FAQ Thread that addresses some of your concerns, but I'll address them here.
      1. We're targeting an early 2018 re-release for the game. The changes that are going to be made will be extensive.
      2. We're still in discussions as to what we'll be able to maintain from the current version of the game. We'll be making update posts as soon as we hear more information, but we haven't made any headway as of yet on that point.

Originally posted by EclipseBringer View Post
    I am glad to hear these news and hope the game will come back way better. Anyways I have two questions which I hope can be answered...
    1. Maybe there's an estimated time how much it will take your team to remake the game(months or half year)?
    2. Also after you reopen the game again, all our existing accounts(characters) will be wiped or will it stay?
    They're aiming for early 2018.
    More info can be found in the FAQ.

Comment

hey..can you also fix main site..i can't close follow on facebook thingy..always had to reload page..this is very annoying..also..please don't close game..or if you need totally change game (mean close this) release dungeon striker latest version

Comment

I'm both sad and happy right now.
        HeroWarz is by far my favorite MMORPG, and as some said, has one of the best beginnings.
        Most MMORPGs I've played were incredibly boring at the start, but got more fun the more you played.
        For HW, it was the exact opposite.
        It has so much potential, and I hope you guys are serious about rebooting it.
        I'm looking forward to an even better version of this game. With spins and a pitcher.

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
          It's been a disappointing ride since CBT.
          WHOOO

Comment

Is our vip going to waste?(I have vip lvl 3 and I rather would not like to waste it) >_>
            What about our items? Are they gonna be removed or something?
            Last edited by Katon; 01-11-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katon View Post
              Is our vip is going to waste?
              What about our items? Are they gonna be removed or something?
              As the FAQ stated, these details will be posted about at a future date. Keep an eye out on the Facebook page since it'll surely be mentioned there.

Comment

i can understand you need fix and modify game..but why not leave as it is..for now until you got what you had in mind (mean ready game or patch) and let us play ?:/

Comment

More than anybody, we'd love to keep the current version of HeroWarz up and live as we progress through the proposed changes.
                  The GMs (Production, QA and Support) as well as Yahu, the Dev Teams and myself have put in some wicked hours and forgotten all about sleep. This is not a complaint by any means, but we wouldn't have done it if we didn't love the work we have done and will continue to do. Unless they send us home forever, everybody is going to do whatever it takes to get HeroWarz back up again as soon as possible.

This is something that we've talked (in-depth) with every respective team about. Unfortunately, due to the massive scope of and type of changes that are going to be made to the game, there's no way we will be able to maintain the existing backbone/hard-code, run two, completely parallel versions of the game infrastructure on the same server rack and separate the teams into update/maintenance and new development groups. We ran a number of scenarios where we'd try to accomplish this, and it wasn't a physical possibility.
                  I'm referring to the global A.Storm and KOG Teams.

So, to make sure that every available designer, developer and coder is focusing on the new game development(s), we had to Pause the game in its entirety.
                  At the risk of sounding vague, but as referenced in the Announcement, PvP will be coming. Implementing a new, comprehensive PvP mode alone is massive, and will require major dedicated effort, manpower and resources.

Comment

• Anger
                    Anger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The thing here is, you are investing money, time and effort on the new version of the game, but you are going to do the same mistake as before, because you keep your agenda as a top secret, if you wanna success, believe in us, some of us are really passionate about this game like you may be, but we don´t have a proper channel to establish a serious feedback procces, the main reason of the failure of this version, resides there, the wrong and weak feedback procces.

The first step, or one of the starting steps, must be to create a serious and strong feedback channel in order to detonate the potential of HW, because you are not telling us, what are you changing, just remember one thing, we are the ones playing HW, your success depends on us, if you are going to modify the game based on your taste, the game will fail again.

• Resilientz
                    Resilientz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So the waiting game could be real by this.

• Elijah
                    Elijah commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Anger,

To put a fine point on this, the CEO(s) of KOG and A.Storm (lead designer of HeroWarz) have over 30+ years of multi-platform, award winning, global game development experience. They’ve individually been responsible for launching multiple, wildly successfully MMORPG tiles around the world, and at least one of Mr. Kim’s titles is still rated top 10 in multiple countries. Not only that, he produced, directed, and even wrote the HeroWarz game story (and more) himself. The Management team that is leading these companies in publishing HeroWarz know very well what they’re doing. Are they perfect, no. They’d be the first ones to tell you otherwise; that too comes with experience in successful game development.

Player feedback has always been taken seriously and always taken into consideration as best we could at the time. The Forums is not the only avenue where feedback is provided, thousands of player feedback forms from hundreds of players were reviewed, and that was just from North America. Factor Europe and Korea into the mix, and global feedback coming in from all over the world. Singling out a couple of players who openly declare and believe that the future of the game hinges solely on their feedback is a very impractical notion, and soundly contradicts similar communiqué from other players who say the same thing, with just as much zeal and fervor.
                    Just as with movies, books, reality TV and every other form of consumer entertainment, not everybody will be happy with every aspect of every game they play or the perceived design, and some of the issues that we need to address start from places that have existed long before functionality, balance and end game content can be factored in.

I will never downplay our player feedback or cheapen it in any way. I've been a competitive gamer for a long time, and I've been working in the industry for 13 years. I personally understand where you’re coming from, and I too have my own feedback; all of us core gamers do.
                    As a company, we can improve on some aspects of update/fix communication transparency, and in other ways, it's a very unrealistic request. HeroWarz is still, first and foremost, an expansive, (and eventually) comprehensive, story-driven MMO Action RPG game. That means changes in some ways will always impact others, feedback needs to be reviewed, dissected, parsed and reconstructed into usable improvement methodologies, tested for impact and test build implemented, tested, fixed, live build implemented (and so on).
                    Where we can, we will communicate more and we will be more transparent.

While I'll miss grinding in this game when the pause hits I hope it makes the game 1000% better than what we currently have now. Even if it's gonna take a while here's hoping Herowarz gets gud when it re-opens.

Comment

Let's hope we get a better community next time around.

Comment

There better be 100% K-Ching refunds from service start all the way to now if the game is not coming back until 2018. Feels like you're telling us this version of HeroWarz was one big beta test.

Comment

• Tabofren
                        Tabofren commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You won't get any money back (probably), but maybe they'll compensate us with the kChing we spent on this game and transfer it back to our account.

• LunaticBlade
                        LunaticBlade commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You won't be able to use it until this game is open again (if it ever is) or you can use it on elsword
                        But most people that I know on herowarz don't play elsword

Yeah that's what I mean, to use on Elsword, etc. Not a $ refund.

Back to DFO.

Comment

Thank you. I'll be here waiting for the return of Hero Warz.

Comment

Nice. I just hope that this game will not vanish on the fabric of time and space after the pause date.
                          IMO judging from the Box drop event 2 different instances may happen.
                          1. No character wipe
                          2. Forever close
                          Last edited by BangBeng; 01-14-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Tabofren
                            Tabofren commented
                            Editing a comment
                            what
                            You're saying the characters won't get wiped but the game gets closed?
                            That's like, a character wipe you know

• BangBeng
                            BangBeng commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Those are 2 different instances. I edited it lel ty
                        Working...
                        X