Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing Discussions Herowarz 2016-2017

Hey guys (ECHO ECho echo...),

So seeing as this is the last day of service and that I think I might be out of the loop since I went AWOL for a few months, has anyone gotten any new info about what's going to be happening from this point on? Things like: has anyone heard about what kind of wipe is going to occur (Though I'm assuming a hard wipe is coming) or heard of any future plans for the game that might make it into the re-release, even if just by word of mouth? Is there going to be some kind of official response today to sum up what the devs have been doing or planning for the future since the announcement that the game will be halted? Anything else? Are you alive?

I'm also trying to make this topic as general as possible so everyone can post just about any of their concerns, statements, questions, feelings about what is about to happen to us again for the 3rd time (lol), etc in one place and hopefully get a response from anyone who jumps on and looks at the forums (which I have to say, look very...similar to the state they were in when I left...) today.

So fire away any ammo you have left and hopefully we can all have a decent discussion about this game together before whatever happens happens.

And my deepest condolences to the mods or community manager to have to do work on the last day of s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ service.

HW RIP
    I will believe and wait

Comment

Time to dust off the keyboard, since it's been months since I posted...

Since there's been no official announcement by KOG about what the wipe will entail/what will or won't be kept re: accounts, or what the redeveloped game will look like, any ideas people have would be pure speculation. Unless it comes from an official KOG-controlled social media channel or the main HeroWarz page (will it even be up during the Pause at all? hmm...), I personally wouldn't put any trust in what people have heard. People can get crazy ideas out of nowhere, and I personally won't let hype build until I hear it straight from KOG.

While the silence since the posting of the announcement/FAQ haven't been the most encouraging, we might not have heard anything for a ton of reasons -- my personal belief is that redevelopment is still being planned, so they (devs and publishers alike) don't know what even will be salvageable... on one hand, that should hopefully keep them from making empty/mistaken promises like we got around beta and release. On the other hand, if they plan to re-release in early 2018, I hope that it isn't a sign they're behind on a development schedule (assuming those things needed to be cemented by now, which maybe might be wrong).

I don't know if there will be any official response today from the GMs. It is a Sunday, and I doubt many GMs are in the office (and probably even fewer who are in the loop about this). Even though I'm a mod, I have heard nothing about it so anything has to come from higher up. We've gotten emails about the Pause, and a post on Facebook was made just reminding people today was the last day before the Pause, so I personally don't think it's coming.

(Also, no need for condolences on my part. It's a voluntary position and the game is pausing today, so any time spent lurking/posting is at my discretion. The FAQ is vague as to if the forums will even be up after today, so welp.)

Comment

• Spiral
        Spiral commented
        Editing a comment
        From the pause FAQ one of the tabs was:

"- Will the forums and website stay online during the game's hiatus?
        The Official HeroWarz Forums and Website will remain active throughout the next few months, and up until the 3/26 Pause date."

So maybe this is it?

• Suteki
        Suteki commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, it says ''up until the 3/26 Pause date'' but doesn't mention when/if the site itself will go down, just that it'll be for sure up until then. Hopefully an advanced announcement will go up before they take it down, since clearly the site is still here, the day after the Pause.

Originally posted by Suteki View Post
      Time to dust off the keyboard, since it's been months since I posted...

Since there's been no official announcement by KOG about what the wipe will entail/what will or won't be kept re: accounts, or what the redeveloped game will look like, any ideas people have would be pure speculation. Unless it comes from an official KOG-controlled social media channel or the main HeroWarz page (will it even be up during the Pause at all? hmm...), I personally wouldn't put any trust in what people have heard. People can get crazy ideas out of nowhere, and I personally won't let hype build until I hear it straight from KOG.

While the silence since the posting of the announcement/FAQ haven't been the most encouraging, we might not have heard anything for a ton of reasons -- my personal belief is that redevelopment is still being planned, so they (devs and publishers alike) don't know what even will be salvageable... on one hand, that should hopefully keep them from making empty/mistaken promises like we got around beta and release. On the other hand, if they plan to re-release in early 2018, I hope that it isn't a sign they're behind on a development schedule (assuming those things needed to be cemented by now, which maybe might be wrong).

I don't know if there will be any official response today from the GMs. It is a Sunday, and I doubt many GMs are in the office (and probably even fewer who are in the loop about this). Even though I'm a mod, I have heard nothing about it so anything has to come from higher up. We've gotten emails about the Pause, and a post on Facebook was made just reminding people today was the last day before the Pause, so I personally don't think it's coming.

(Also, no need for condolences on my part. It's a voluntary position and the game is pausing today, so any time spent lurking/posting is at my discretion. The FAQ is vague as to if the forums will even be up after today, so welp.)
      I'm glad you still exist, after all.
      I trust KoG, and I just hope they'll bring HW back. Gonna enjoy some of the KR version while this one is paused.

Comment

• Suteki
        Suteki commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I exist. I lurked most every day, since I still had mod responsibilities... just with activity toned down, due to real-job responsibilities and real life stuff ticking up. But with no one else posting and the Pause coming, fighting to keep activity would've been a losing battle.

Hmmm Hope The Next Plan About this game is PvP if its not Complet Dead.

Comment

Working...
      X