Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I kind of want to see someone who has played quite a bit of her talk about it and get to higher level.

Comment

Level 36 right now. First impressions is that she feels much more fluid with the various changes. Every skill feels much better to use, especially screw piledrive. Chain grapple is still really bad though. I like that the skill has directional input now, but it's impossible to stay on the same spot. This is the same as old Mary using aerial grapple on a boss. You can control the direction it flies to but you can't land on top of the boss. Even on mobs it can't stay still but that's not too big of a problem since it tries to target ground mobs.

As for lvling, it still feels like the same up hill battle. The sluggishness from low attack speed is still there. I've also noticed mana problems at certain levels. Tornado kick looks like it uses like 100 mana more than it used to (320 now). That's around 40% of Mary's mana pool. Huge issue until I got chain grapple which slightly helped. I'd have to get to 70 before I can experience the real changes.

On a site note, anyone wanna carry me through the story?

Comment

The only thing I can say atm is that she consumes alot of mana do to considerable amount of damage.

Comment

lol i have to do bosses a few times just to kill them. Its annoying as ****. She doesnt have consistent damage

Comment

I haven't had any time to actually play updated Mary yet, but I logged in to look at some of her skills. I can't remember exact numbers, but overall it seems like direct grapple damage was buffed by around 10%, and shockwave damage was greatly increased to around 75-90% of the grapple damage (used to be 50-75%). Tornado kick's damage was also increased and cooldown decreased, but the mana cost is crazy high now. Chain grapple shares a slot with danger escape, which sucks since it's amazing filler damage with the augment that makes it double bounce, plus having super high mana recovery. I'm wondering how giant swing works now, I got the impression from the patch notes that it grabs everything you hit during the spin.

Comment

• SiegLhein
              SiegLhein commented
              Editing a comment
              Giant swing does grab mostly everything. Aside from bosses and a few mobs, still does damage to them but they don't go along mr bones wild ride.

Originally posted by YuriZahard View Post

You're wrong. The pve side may not need tank or cc classes but the pvp side is AOS (aka moba) so no, this game needs tank and cc classes.
            also, is mary out now? somehow she's not in char select on open beta despite being on cbt 2.
            as PVP would differ from PVE we're not talking about it
            There's no support/healers/tank/CC/jungler characters in this game for the same reason. they just dont fit the game design and it's wrong to call someone a tank class who doesnt need damage
            Last edited by Ryvius; 07-07-2016, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Yeah i just did my player training solo. oh boy was that slow compared to Hades and Audrey. I essentially said to my friends i want a carry through player training since we got our other characters at 180+ depth. Also Enhancements such as Slide Lee Kick, Muay Thai Back kick (can't remember the actual name) and Burning Ring help out a lot IMO

I also feel her attack animations cause a lot of problems dropping her overall attack speed off considerably making it feel sluggish, you only need to watch what her attacks look like without an enemy then with to notice the drop whilst you play for example B or Hades there is no drop or noticeable.
              Last edited by Zhavorsa; 07-07-2016, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhavorsa View Post
                Yeah i just did my player training solo. oh boy was that slow compared to Hades and Audrey. I essentially said to my friends i want a carry through player training since we got our other characters at 180+ depth. Also Enhancements such as Slide Lee Kick, Muay Thai Back kick (can't remember the actual name) and Burning Ring help out a lot IMO

I also feel her attack animations cause a lot of problems dropping her overall attack speed off considerably making it feel sluggish, you only need to watch what her attacks look like without an enemy then with to notice the drop whilst you play for example B or Hades there is no drop or noticeable.
                This...Mary's DPS will always be low compared to others. I felt sluggish when playing her. And also, when playing with other people she cant maximize her grabs due to monsters going all over the place (except when you use the ring). One thing, she sucks at damaging boss.

Comment

Mary's mana problems seem really disproportionate with the rest of the cast. When I play Hades, Audrey, or B my mana is never an issue even if I spam my most expensive skills, whereas Mary has trouble even using a big skill once, let alone the two or three that she needs to chain to really get the most out of Compound Fracture.

I don't mind the low damage that much. If I could reliably spam my skills without going out of mana, my damage would be at a respectable level.

Comment

I think a character like this should have more attack because they're melee and have no utility. This character could have been soo good.

Comment

The mana problems came with the rework. Some skills cost more mana now and her grabs are more consistent so skill spam is faster. I said that CBT Mary had no mana problems so the devs probably increased mana cost by a ton. The only thing you can't spam now is tornado kick.

Comment

well I will still try her out for fun and try to get good damage, maybe experiment with builds or mods to see what works best and how to maximize damage. You never know she could just be a nagne, slow start but great finish.

Comment

mary end game bro its the goods man at first she suck like nagane but she gets better around 100

Comment

I think neckbreaker and tornado kick had their mana costs increased, didn't notice anything else.

In CBT2 Mary's mana regen didn't ramp up for me until I started putting SP into chain grapple, it made a huge difference. Not sure how it is now.

Comment

So uh, guys, try using within my grasp + giant swing on a boss, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X