• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChaosGod View Post
    Bro I am still confused.
    From Rosso's The Line between good and evil - Give Me More Painkillers
    When I open Deus Report as Nagne. B is talking with Misma and Lapin
    http://imgur.com/a/yXdEi
    When I open Deus Report as B. B is talking to Former B(which you will defeat in Rosso's storyline)
    http://imgur.com/a/5B9Ty
    Again, you never meet Former B in-game. If you've leveled B up on your account, you should have access to B's side stories in Additional Character Stories.

In the Deus Report for Serengeti, under the side story "[B] Can you not remember me?". It shows you Former B's final moments after saying "2 years ago." This means Former B dies two years before the Rosso arc. And in Rosso's side story "[B] 1 Year Ago, Wimp's Building", James B asks Mind about the Former B he killed. If that conversation took place a year before the Rosso arc, then Former B is already dead, and the B you fight in Rosso is the same one you recruit to your side. There's a ton of other references to this timeframe as well in B's side story entries.

I see why you are confused though. The Deus Report does change depending on the character you use. I viewed all of them on Hades, who rarely created any differences. After looking into it, I realized: the game is trying to compensate for the fact that B is fighting B by making up a new story about how James B is fighting a different Former B. That's not the real story. If it were real, the Rosso Epilogue wouldn't make sense, because James B would have never been under Wimp's control or poisoned by Wimp. Nor would any of the side stories make sense,

For more proof: B official joins the Players (and Bi-Gwang) in Old Clock Forest > Background Story > Freelancer, New Player Recruit. In that skit, James B says both that he took medicine in Rosso AND that he was once a villain. If James killed Former B in Rosso and then passed out, as the B-Rosso story indicates, neither of those things would be true.

The real story of Give Me More Painkillers is what everyone else sees, Misma asks to transfer B to Lapin - that is James B who the Players just defeated. That is the real story.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd13z View Post

Again, you never meet Former B in-game. If you've leveled B up on your account, you should have access to B's side stories in Additional Character Stories.

In the Deus Report for Serengeti, under the side story "[B] Can you not remember me?". It shows you Former B's final moments after saying "2 years ago." This means Former B dies two years before the Rosso arc. And in Rosso's side story "[B] 1 Year Ago, Wimp's Building", James B asks Mind about the Former B he killed. If that conversation took place a year before the Rosso arc, then Former B is already dead, and the B you fight in Rosso is the same one you recruit to your side. There's a ton of other references to this timeframe as well in B's side story entries.

I see why you are confused though. The Deus Report does change depending on the character you use. I viewed all of them on Hades, who rarely created any differences. After looking into it, I realized: the game is trying to compensate for the fact that B is fighting B by making up a new story about how James B is fighting a different Former B. That's not the real story. If it were real, the Rosso Epilogue wouldn't make sense, because James B would have never been under Wimp's control or poisoned by Wimp. Nor would any of the side stories make sense,

For more proof: B official joins the Players (and Bi-Gwang) in Old Clock Forest > Background Story > Freelancer, New Player Recruit. In that skit, James B says both that he took medicine in Rosso AND that he was once a villain. If James killed Former B in Rosso and then passed out, as the B-Rosso story indicates, neither of those things would be true.

The real story of Give Me More Painkillers is what everyone else sees, Misma asks to transfer B to Lapin - that is James B who the Players just defeated. That is the real story.
      Woah thanks bro totally cleared my confusions

Comment

Originally posted by yuvera View Post
        clone is the girl who does identifications for us. in one of the little cutscene things it explains that she was partially found out by x and panicked causing her to run off to origin and had asked him to release her from the contract which he does... by killing her himself. (after explaining that she was found out and left a clone behind not knowing that they thought that she was the clone instead and that the clone was the original(to be fair not even her clone knows as her memories are gone. all she remembers is being told by her superiors to join the historic services. where she ends up showing her confusion by asking how they already know her)
        You're referring to Lapin. That's who I thought Clone was (process of elimination: they mentioned a "she" and the only women who had access to all the blood samples Gwen and Lapin - and Gwen was locked up) but the skit you're referring to is currently unviewable due to UI issues. I want to make a few specific edits to what I wrote from that scene, so until I view it myself I'm going to leave it alone for now. But thank you very much for sharing that!! I appreciate the closure and will credit you in the OP when I change it.

Comment

Thanks Lloyd13z for the in depth story overview. I was surprised that someone would spend that much effort and time into typing this. Id like to point out one thing since I've already finished the Korean version of the game. The story of this version and Korean version is slightly similar from here and there but it's quite close to what you see here so I'd rather not bother typing all of the stuff out but all I can say it s pretty similar. it explains a lot more when you play the korean version but i think they will add it eventually. If you are asking me why do I understand Korean because I'm Asian

Comment

Thanks for the input, Shannabel. One thing I'm curious about, if you know: In the scene leading to Pantheon being opened, it shows Heimdal going down the floors, right? She calls out to Hyperion saying "It's time" which means she was one of the gods we're supposed to fight. But yet, she's the one operating the Pantheon shop for us. Every other NPC has joined our side, so what's the story there? Is it explained in KR?

Comment

Ty Lloyd13z for that story summary.
              This community need people like you.

Comment

Major props to you, Lloyd. I read the entire story as I went through but a lot of it was in such broken English it was sometimes way too confusing to understand. I think Snow White and Tony Cruz's dialogue might be some of the worst I've ever seen in terms of translation so I'm impressed you managed to make sense of it all.

Comment

Suggestions for the reserved posts:

Specific character stories (as they become available). Such as the details you provided for B in this post.

Character relations. There was another thread in General Discussion about it. Many characters have relations with each other and it's not inherently obvious unless you read all of the loading screen or skill tooltips.

Additional feedback:

Try to detail things where you can. I think some of the drama gets lost in the translation/cultural gap. Such as the Serengeti arc, which has a pretty dramatic story. Korschek having to help players kill his old friends, and then his son, got deep real quick. And afterwards you realize "Oh, that's why he's crying while raising his machete against the sphinx on the loading screen".

Comment

Originally posted by Lightyears View Post
                    Suggestions for the reserved posts:

Specific character stories (as they become available). Such as the details you provided for B in this post.

Character relations. There was another thread in General Discussion about it. Many characters have relations with each other and it's not inherently obvious unless you read all of the loading screen or skill tooltips.

Additional feedback:

Try to detail things where you can. I think some of the drama gets lost in the translation/cultural gap. Such as the Serengeti arc, which has a pretty dramatic story. Korschek having to help players kill his old friends, and then his son, got deep real quick. And afterwards you realize "Oh, that's why he's crying while raising his machete against the sphinx on the loading screen".
                    After rereading it, it does seriously need some extra work, I agree. I threw it all together over a couple hours, and mainly I just wanted to get it all done. I need to go back and add a lot of detail that I left out due to time issues - honestly, the story is quite a bit more than the rough outline I've posted here.

And I can do the character stories no problem, it's just for some like Ara and Derrick, there wasn't much to go on. B, Hades, and Jerry have backstory skits, but none of the others yet... So I really didn't know what to say for them other than what's in their profile. But I can throw that in too.

As for character relations, yeah... that's difficult since I can't control the loading screens and such. But I know Jackdaw and Hades have a past, Ara and Hwaran are bffs, Tom and Jerry "hit it off" (haha puns)... then if you go for NPCs it gets even more complex. And all of that I left out, so yeah... I'll see what I can do.

I've been holding off on editing though for a different project that, once completed, will make editing this much much easier and I'll have a much better way to reference the data. So I apologize to anyone waiting on me to complete this! Once I finish that, this will be made as perfect as I can make it.
                    Last edited by Lloyd13z; 07-27-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Very eager to see the rest of this project. Thank you for this collection of info.~ *bookmarks*

Comment

Working...
                      X