Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta agree that at this point this game is just ending up to be a shadow of the kr version even though it's supposed to be a revamp. Like the mod system the NA version has just feels like tedious restriction when in kr you could pick the effect that you wanted you skills to have rather than pray to rngesus that you would get a good weapon with the mod you wanted, and I can see why they would increase the mana cost of abilities so you wouldn't spam them forever but I think they just went to far on it and made it where you just rarely want to use any of your big abilities if ever

Comment

If the current status of the forums right now isn't gonna get better, it'll be real bad for new players to see this. Good luck getting a higher playerbase KoG.

Comment

• Jace
        Jace commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, let say this gets deleted and more new players come. What will keep them playing? Like these players here, what will keep them playing?

• DreadBlitz
        DreadBlitz commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm already asking myself..why am I still playing? I feel tired already just thinking about doing runs and still get nothing.

• Warz
        Warz commented
        Editing a comment
        To be honest, most people don't view the forums when they wonder if they should play a game, they go to youtube. So rant all you want guys, the more we rant the more likely something is to change (even if it is still a 1% chance)!

Good DrunkWomen spittttingggg fireeeeeeeeeeee.

Comment

• Jace
        Jace commented
        Editing a comment
        A very good example of lack of communication... even in their OWN development team..
        http://herowarzforum.koggames.com/fo...nder-equipment

A GM, forgot the name told us that wonder gears should be implemented soon but it's not in the game yet. Then GMLillie as you can see in that thread said the gears are a very low chance to obtain. So, what to believe? Like I understand you don't want to let your players know what's going on, but your own team?

I hope they're taking note of everything that we're saying in this thread. I would also like to see a reply that they have read this and are taking it into mind.

Comment

• Drunk
        Drunk commented
        Editing a comment
        If they post something like that, I will just leave. That's all they want to say. "Thanks for input, we'll talk it over."
        What exactly are you discussing? What are your plans? Anyone can read this and say, We'll try to do better. Just like they did in my last post.
        However it hasn't changed, and nothing has happened. We're still just left in the dark.

Let's not forget to mention that the pandora box announcement: "Buy 5 get extra rewards" Is totally misleading. Bought 6, didn't get any "extra" rewards, nor did I get anything out of the 6 worth while except some nasty greens that clash with some nasty oranges. Fantastic. What a great way to spend $120. I don't even get anything worth while. Should've just saved for a $500 founder pack. *cough* This leads me to not even wanting to buy anything anymore. What's the point?

Bottom line, players aren't happy with the current state of the game. It might've been a great idea on paper, but it's seriously lackluster once you start playing. As stated by Fire I was extremely hyped for Jerry. I honestly didn't know she could've been gutted as bad as she did, but surprise, surprise. This is coming from me playing Jerry inside Liberation, so I have a great understanding of her mechanics and skills by this point. Another point brought up was the patch notes and wonder equipment post... I don't even think I need to say anything. What a joke.

Comment

From my experience, Drunk is the most dedicated player of HeroWarz Global up to date.
        The first player to reach depth 210 in our server has quit long ago. Drunk was the one that followed him very soon after and reached that peak. And he is still here.

Drunk has expressed some very valid points. However, i am not in a hurry to agree to everything. I always take any feedback a little sceptical and re-think what i like first and what i dislike second.

The way that the "action" was slowed down a little from KR in early levels. In a way, i like it. I like the current progress. I like to think what skills should i reserve for later and what skills can i spend now, how can i regenerate most of my mana in the least amount of time. I don't want another game where i sit in my chair in a zombie mode with a poker face all day long like a carrot from level 1 till the very end game. However, we need more ways to regenerate more mana. It will keep action going. Skills rotating. It will make cooldowns important.

I like depth gates. RNG is the most fair model you can have for the playerbase as a whole. There are, however, ways to improve that and i DO agree that the improvement or two are NEEDED. Either buy Epic equipment for Story Coins or any other way to obtain them than endlessly swim in the RNG ocean looking for that last 120 piece. Individually, RNG can be EXTREMELY unfair for a player ( Fire has been farming gear for many days, at least 6 hours a day just to break that darn 170 barrier. While i reached depth 210 on Mary a few days before the Jerry patch. So what was it, a week at most? It is really stupid (even though i spent A LOT of time playing - point still stands)). We need alternative ways to obtain highest-depth-for-the-current-area gear.

About Drunk's 1. point:
        Initially, with EVERY foreign game, we see it and we WANT THE EXACT SAME available for our area, just texts translated. The thing with HeroWarz and this "revamp" of the game is, that A.Storm took the feedback and the "goods" and "bads" of the original game ONLY from Korean audience. And as a crucial FACT, Westerners' and Easterners' values and general views / attitude towards online games can differ VERY much (like day and night) and, more often than not, it DOES.

2. Drunk right on, my friend. The game's UI we got is some ugly mobile game UI that NOBODY likes. Why, in the first place, was it even implemented? Nobody knows either. KR's is just so much better. In ALL possible aspects. Unless you plan to play this game on your Lumia phone or Samsung tablet or whatever else crap vanity hardware.

3. and 4.? Hmmm.. A tough one. I have given numerous thoughts about skills / depth system. And i came to conclusion that i kind of like the current IDEA (not it's execution). Mods on items are what keeps one farming the content. Depth gives you a goal to reach for while doing that. Honestly, the idea is not as bad as many makes it to be. The execution sucks. I covered that in the second paragraph.
        Skills? Hmm.. While there could be some adjustments to what mods appear on what items and how many of them appear at once, what skills appear in the skill tree, etc and etc., it is a debatable issue. However, i hate how they remove some things instead of replacing them with mods (10 stacks of Blink Slash, hello o/, hi multiple Snake Trails o/). We should be able to obtain ALL of the possible skills that appear in KR skill tree via mods rather than trading ones for others.

Every single skill upgraded to the max (all mods, everything) should be the very peak of a hero's progress. A player should feel rewarded for the hours upon hours of grind and i feel like a COMPLETE set of skills (Full KR skill tree) obtained through mods farming would be a way to reward one for the grind. The mods that roll on items should have to be re-adjusted so that you do not roll multiple "Aerial Suplex" or whatever. A Set of epic items at highest depth should "complete" the full Skill setup that KR Skill tree has. I would like that.

"More monsters per spawn". VERY good idea. In fact, i've been daydreaming about thins since long ago. Having to fish out that one last monster of the group behind the corner so that another 10 could spawn is ridiculous. There needs to be a hotkey to spawn all of the monster "waves" of the current area of the map (the map consists of 4-5 spawn zones. I am referring to those spawn zones) so that if you are strong enough, you could move ahead after clearing that. Or, if you are weak enough, you could learn your lesson, respawn and start over with less waves.

Last but not least, Developer Logs. I will show you an example of how a good communication between developers and userbase look like and what is it that we lack on these forums. A separate thread / section for Dev Logs. A Weekly update on developer's / publisher's current work in progress / general thoughts shared. It helps a relationship a ton. The link to a Dev Log of the game i really like: DD2 DevLog. It is a weekly thing there. Everyone loves it.

Like Drunk, i really love this game and wish for it to succeed so much.
        However, some things are getting in the way of players and devs' relationship.

Stay strong folks,
        Seph.

Comment

• KayC
          KayC commented
          Editing a comment
          No, i get your intentions, but if you're just gonna word it poorly like when you call me for being selfish and having some ego - for arguments sake, then i'm actually offended. Still think you're cool, but not in terms of voicing your thoughts out properly in terms of these matters unless you address both the pros (what will work - which you have been) and the cons (the evident issues that I -feel- like you shrugged off for the most part).
          Last edited by KayC; 07-26-2016, 11:52 AM.

• seph
          seph commented
          Editing a comment
          Being selfish is a good thing. Everyone is to some extent. Reasons were selfish tho and it's not a bad thing either.
          I left the clan for my own reasons as well

Edit: I do not shrug off existing issues. Sometime before in my life, i decided to take priority for pros rather than cons. Examine the cons after i evaluated the pros. It helps me keep the positive approach to things. Games included. It also helps to keep the positive opinion rather than rage and eventually quit cuz of 'all this and all that'.

The game has issues and i am not denying that
          Last edited by seph; 07-26-2016, 01:04 PM.

• KayC
          KayC commented
          Editing a comment
          daz gucci, I think the moment KoG speaks up on their position for the development, If that's ever possible, then players will be able to understand what they're trying to do for the most part and will alleviate a majority of our burdens. Yeah, selfish is okay, I just took it offensively for the time being cause im like, i just left mythic + discord cause nobody be talking / on for herowarz anymore, not cause i was salty at anybody tryna do my own thing.

I just want the game to improve asap before I quit once school starts since college+2jobs no bueno = no herowarz

Not even sure whats trying to be conveyed from the video. Macs right click is a roll.
        You're just spam rolling and popping a skill. This looks really lame and not fluid both in animation and gameplay.
        Bad idea to even show a character that hasn't been revamped for our server, we can't establish gameplay differences.
        Our servers out dated, clearly. They do this so they can stagger the content, they do this with every game brought from Korea. If we just flat out got the game as updated as KR the same people would be capped and leave regardless lol.

-The UI IS garbage I completely agree.
        -Honestly depth is fine. It helps stagger what little content we even have and brings worth to items and stage clears. At this this stage of the game its ok I feel.
        -I always thought the unlimited potion thing was lame AF

I would rather have the copy pasta from KR overall. It is impossible to change the mechanics and balance of the characters and still try to sell the same game- Its not.
        You can't change a move to do something that it wasn't designed to do and expect everything to be ok. The gameplay I have seen from the KR servers at endgame looked fine.
        I don't understand why we're getting a modified game based on people who got to play the original product. If you guys really wanted to express freedom it would have been much smarter to give us the base and ask for suggestions from US and then implement them, I do agree with that.100%
        Last edited by Burst; 07-22-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I've never played the KR version, but I have never seen a game brought to NA get so many buffs/nerfs. The viewpoint from the team who developed the characters vs the team who is maintaining the characters is clearly different in aspect of being fluid and balanced considering utility, mobbing, and bossing. On top of that, they have already gone through balance updates through the KR players feedback. So why are we going through all this again? There's a chain reaction going on with these superficial revamps causing more revamps because it is unneeded. Instead of undo-ing a bad revamp, it's become, let's revamp the next one!! For balance!!

Comment

• Wuuzles
            Wuuzles commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe NA version should be called Nerfwarz. It's not even Herowarz anymore. The what they called "Revamp" simply mess up the game as how it was in kr. But well What we expected and what reality are always different right?

Originally posted by Burst View Post
          Not even sure whats trying to be conveyed from the video. Macs right click is a roll.
          You're just spam rolling and popping a skill. This looks really lame and not fluid both in animation and gameplay.
          His right click is a roll, but his follow up attack after is mana regen. Not only did I explain why I was only showing this-do you really think NA will be as smooth? Not only will his right click roll either be non existent or 5 second cool down, his mobility and literally everything shown would be completely dismantled. I don't have to show characters we have, everyone already knows how bad they are here.

Comment

• Burst
            Burst commented
            Editing a comment
            All the right clicks in this game have no actual cooldown only the attack after does which I wouldn't even be able to tell thats what you were even doing, nor do our right click attacks even generate MP there is no way I would know this unless I played on KR.
            Ive seen his roll have different side effects that I assumed were skill mods or what ever. The most common being his roll requiring HP per roll.

• KayC
            KayC commented
            Editing a comment
            Burst Hp doesn't cost roll, even B in KR doesn't use HP for skills like we do here as far as I noticed from playing him KR. So let's compare B for now. B uses 10x more the amount of mana AND hp than KR does, and not only that, he got nerfed in almost every aspect. He lost dps, his burst, and aoe damage - incase you didn't notice the unlisted nerfs on his skills this last update. Our spacebar's have cooldowns, generally 30-50 seconds. Kr doesn't, they can spam it for % amount of mana. These are just random examples so here's another. Jerry lost her spin from KR, 1 of the core skills she had on her general mobility and damage for grouping enemies together. Now she suffers severely - from comparison - in lack of damage, mobility, and CC.

PS. Skill mods in kr are part of the skill tree, they get to choose their own kit. No rng like us, no depth either. Some skills in KR don't even cost mana, just spam and have fun. Even if it looks easy / mindless, there's hardmode which truly is hardmode to actually think about how you're going to approach your abilities as we do now bcus of how much we need to conserve

The game definitely needs to be more fluid like the KR version, but I really have been enjoying some of the revamps,
          How jerry turned out. Loved it compared to the KR version ( I personally did not want to main Jerry bc of the stupid spin2win junk)
          I have no issues with Derrick,
          ara is bland,
          B is meh,
          Nagne is amazing

As for Drunk's points, I definitely agree with a lot of them so +1

I would love if we could hold meetings with A. Storm Devs, kind of like Q&As or devblogs to see what they plan to do and we could add feedback to it.

Comment

• Wraith
            Wraith commented
            Editing a comment
            imo shes boring
            technically she still spins2win, because of drill bat spam lol.
            different strokes for different folks i guess

Nagne is clunky, and literally cannot do anything fancy because of mana restraints.

Comment

• Lacrima
            Lacrima commented
            Editing a comment
            The issue is that the mana restraint is so harsh that I have to resort to using nothing but basic attacks, 0 cost skills, and a meagre 2-3 mana consuming skills until I get to the boss. I feel like I'm pretty much disallowed from ever touching your 200/350 cost skills, and I can never use multiple wagon wheel charges at once, out of fear that I won't have enough mana.

• KazeCaelum
            KazeCaelum commented
            Editing a comment
            but he has soo many low mana/no mana abilities that you can use, that you are literally constantly using skills, then big skills for elites and bosses

wait... depends on your lvl and such actually, nagne picks up big time as you progress with him, hes really good late game.
            Last edited by KazeCaelum; 07-22-2016, 02:57 PM.

• Lacrima
            Lacrima commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know about you, but even his lower mana cost abilities eat through my mana bar like crazy, especially if I have some cool down stacked. I digress though; my main point was the inability to use any bigger (fancier) skills except against bosses. This is very counter intuitive because Brush Stroke is clearly a good mob tool.

Just give us the KR version of this game translated, all we want stop messing up the game or it will die soon

Comment

Meanwhile in Mary-land, full mana bar with all skills on cooldown.....

Comment

Love the KR version omg, the way this game is going its to failure for sure.

just copy paste KR.....so much fun

this game is boring now.

all nerfed and boring system

Comment

You know... we could just conduct a playerbase wide census, if everyone puts in a little bit of effort. In fact, why don't we do exactly that? I could set up a google form or something like that, so people can at least be somewhat anonymous. Alternatively, we could set up a petition instead.

What do you guys think? Would we be able to spring KOG into motion if we hand them enough player (electronic) signatures?

Comment

• BlueLulu
                  BlueLulu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Make HW Great Again!

• DreadBlitz
                  DreadBlitz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No more ZeroWarz!
              Working...
              X