PVP/ATV Information - Not Definite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVP/ATV Information - Not Definite

So this thread will be about the PVP information I gathered from the Korean version. Please note the following things:
    • As of July 24th, 2016 PVP has not been released to the global community
    • In several interviews, GMs have said that they are taking the good and replacing the bad so things will be change because of this, I will be posting the general stuff about PVP
    • PVP is NOT p2w! As noted here
    • If the character has not been released, I am pretty sure you will not be able to play them in pvp but that is just speculation
    So let's get started!

1. What is ATV?
    ATV is the name of the Herowarz PVP. It was originally called MFL, Monday Fight Live. Thankfully they changed it to ATV, Arena TV.
    2. Why is it called ATV?
    I do not want to spoil it too much, but in the Korean version it feels like you are in a sports TV show like boxing. There is an announcer and some crowd cheering but that is only at like beginning. I thought that was a cute idea! I saw that on different maps, the announcer is not always there.
    3. Are there different styles?
    As noted in two different interviews, there will be different styles. ATV is MOBA styled. There will be about 4 or 5 different modes. So far there will be team battles (4 vs 4 and 8 vs 8) that will be added to their current 3 PVP modes. All the characters will start off at level 1 and you have to level up while facing the other team and trying to take their bank.
    4. FML another league of legends?
    Excuse you! LOL It is not another league of legends. There are major differences. For example, there is NO store where you have to buy items in order to get the advantage. You are given four skills, your pots, and three buffs that you can add skill points into. So far I've seen is that the highest level is 20 and you will get 15 SP points to fill all the buffs, if the game has not ended. Now the pots is the same as the potions we have in pve. However, I am not sure if they will allow us to keep the infinite potions and our froyd potions or just froyd or just the potions but take off the infinite amount for the potions. All of the potions will have a CD. The CD timer may vary but so far in the Korean version, it's 30 seconds. A lot can happen in 30 seconds LOL. The three buffs given to you will affect your play style. I believe, generally, one is for defense, the other is for attack, and the last one is like mana + speed? Also another difference is that the monsters there are for you to gain a competitive advantage. They do not attack the towers, that is your team's job.
    5. So what is similar to league of legends?
    If you go back to base then you will be able to heal. You can ping the map for help. There are 3 lanes except it doesn't really matter about lane you choose. What else? LOL I do not remember anything that's similar... LOL
    6. Are you sure that it will not be P2W?
    Yes! GM Moshup and the A.Team's CEO said in interviews that PVE and PVP are different portions of the game. So VIP benefits, costume buffs, weapons, and gear will not be in the PVP aka ATV. However! They did say that we can unlock PVP characters in PVE and also while doing PVP we can unlock some things in PVE. So they are two different entities that will correlate throughout your journey in Herowarz.
    7. Who are the playable characters for ATV?
    Alright! Now we are here! We will be able to play all characters(according to GM Moshup..might change), a lot of the sidekicks, and some of the bosses. I shall list them below:

PVE Characters that will be available to play
    Mary
    Hades
    Jackdaw
    Ramirez
    Audrey
    Ara
    Bigwang
    Ethan
    Mac
    Izanami
    Tom
    Jerry
    Derrick
    Nagne
    B
    Hwaran

Sidekicks that will be available to play
    Myriad (its not the afterimage...its legit myriad)
    Lote
    Maximus
    Dream/Yume
    Rota
    Misma
    Hobu
    Princess Bari
    Shaggai
    Vice
    Heimdal
    Sarasvati
    Hyperion
    Mach
    Jin Mori

Bosses that will be available to play
    Aki
    Mind
    Shyla
    Gretel
    Camilla
    Oberon
    Abel
    Enkidu
    Yahu
    Gry
    Sphinx

References:
    Reference 1
    Reference 2
    Reference 3

If you have more information then you can paste it here and I will edit the main thread. #Goodluck #StayOptimistic
    Last edited by Magyeomie; 07-24-2016, 06:04 PM. Reason: Because I spelled some of the names wrong XD Was going based off of the Korean pronunciation :P

The only thing I'm afraid of is the 8v8... in a F2P MMO, on a global server, that's just asking for lag issues abound. They better test that extensively before adding it, or a lot of people will quit within their first matches. 4v4 I can see being stable, but 16 unique players in one instance? Idk...

Otherwise, it all looks cool. If you check out our main page, at the bottom you can see a few of the ones you listed are already planned by clicking ATV and Sidekick. Though I'm rather upset that Izanami is missing, even from the Character list :<<<<<

Also, for the sidekicks: Sarasvati (spelling), I think Lotta is Rota (the raccoon) and Machi is Mach, and Hellion is Hyperion. And I think you are talking about Gry from the gator map? Not sure... And thank you for linking Hobu and Jin Mori, since they aren't in our game.
    Last edited by Lloyd13z; 07-24-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Magyeomie
      Magyeomie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah T___T I don't want to lag in pvp XD that would be unfortunate LOL I think (speculating) they might release the 3 modes they have plus the 4 v 4 one. I have seen some footage of the 4v4. 8v8 might be the CEO's dream goal XDD It doesn't really seem like its practical XD but who knows LOL tt would be very fun to play.

Yeah I think they will wait till the other 15 characters have been released before releasing Izanami since she was just released in Korea...I also noticed that our site is more organized. Like when you look at the character page on their site, it just show everyone in every category and some icons that are repeat of the same characters. I'm like O___O can you guys fixed that LOL but oh well XD

Thank you so much!! I edited the names <333 I was going off the pronunciation of the Korean version XD so the spelling was a bit wonky XD <3333
      No problem! I wonder if we will get them in the next map or world? hmm~~ -excited-

"The only thing I'm afraid of is the 8v8... in a F2P MMO, on a global server, that's just asking for lag issues abound. They better test that extensively before adding it, or a lot of people will quit within their first matches. 4v4 I can see being stable, but 16 unique players in one instance? Idk...

Otherwise, it all looks cool. If you check out our main page, at the bottom you can see a few of the ones you listed are already planned by clicking ATV and Sidekick. Though I'm rather upset that Izanami is missing, even from the Character list :<<<<<

Also, for the sidekicks: Sarasvati (spelling), I think Lotta is Rota (the raccoon) and Machi is Mach, and Hellion is Hyperion. And I think you are talking about Gry from the gator map? Not sure... And thank you for linking Hobu and Jin Mori, since they aren't in our game."

Compared to Korea, which is where I reside, it wouldn't lag so much there but I am sure based on your guys version this would cause problems if this happened, but depends on the networking and infrastructure of the Kog services, and having no experience with elsword or any games on the US versions of the games, as I only played these games when visiting America with friends, I can't really say much about the stability of your services. I know my ping here in hero warz, in the KR version, I like the GUI better and all those thigns its 3 MS, and PVP is and always was silky smooth for me, so there was no latency issues there, but due to the size of the US, and where all of you reside I can see this being a problematic situation if they did introduce 8 v 8, especially those with bad connections.

The PVP portion of the game is entertaining, i will say that, in fact its the most hting I played in the KR version of hero warz, and made me slightly disappointed when I was visiting the US that your guys version didn't have this yet. One of the primordial reasons I play other games, which I wont mention here since it's likely illegal in doing stating here, that are based for PVP, which I am sure you know which games those are that recently landed on the NA/EU markets in the past 6months.

As to Izanami, I do see them following the characters in order of release, but Izanami isn't that intriguing to me personally, I do like her, but I still have other characters I prefer playing over Izanami. Ever have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message here. I am more than willing to exchange conversations, and meet other people that aren't residing in Korea. Though, I can't play physically since I am now back in Korea, due to region blocks I believe, or maybe there isnt, I am not sure.. Haven't tried, but I figure it's better I stay in the KR version as to not induce lag and cause problems in parties. Haha.

ATV is probably what will keep this game alive, but compared to in Korea, where certain games are number one. This game isn't even listsed in the top 50 at PC bangs, so it's not really a high quality game compared to some of the others out. The recent PC bang list actually surprised me how others are still up there, and others are not, but it doesn't cease to amase me as to why those are ranked as high as they are. I love PVP, which I believe most people here in Korea, would also agree that PVP is a fun aspect, because its not just grinding monsters all day everyday.

Thank you for reading.

Comment

• Lloyd13z
      Lloyd13z commented
      Editing a comment
      If you click the quote button on my post's bottom right, it'll copy mine into your new post with some formatting. Just to make it easier for ya!

• Magyeomie
      Magyeomie commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm really excited for the PVP~ Usually I dislike PVP but since its team vs team ^__^ I cant wait to strategize and learn a lot of characters. Wait, I think you can play. The global version is no longer IP restricted. LOL There is going to be lag even if you join. Try it and see ^^ If not then still thanks for lurking on the forums ^^

Eat a lot of Korean street food for me~!! I am craving ddeokbokki and rabokki~~ and chizu rabokki <333 And Samgyupsal + Soju LOL AND SOME BULDDAKK <333 ughhh i want some bulddakk right now lol

• Wraith
      Wraith commented
      Editing a comment
      im guessing LoL and Overwatch are king and queen over there lol.

I wish they would have at least some 1vs1 PvP..I'm not sure if I would try this since I didn't like other MOBAs at all. (not hating on people who do, it's just not my thing usually)

Comment

• Magyeomie
      Magyeomie commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww maybe they have it? Idk what the 3 original PVP modes~ I shall ask~ hold on!

wow lol, I thought ATV was motorize mount for some reason haha.

But wow pvp does sounds interesting though.

Comment

I've been wondering this for a bit, do you earn anything from playing ATV aside from the levels/ranks and what's inside the ATV Shop? I haven't been able to get anything since there's not much to go by due to language barrier and all that.
      Last edited by SiegLhein; 07-25-2016, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Magyeomie
        Magyeomie commented
        Editing a comment
        Details haven't been released to what changes they will do to PVP but all we know is that we can unlock pvp characters when we play PVE and we can also get PVE rewards from playing PVP. I would ask HelloKitty unnie to check it out but ours could possibly be different.

So according to Hello Kitty dongsaeng <3 There is not a 1 v 1 mode in the Korean version. Everything is team battles. Thanks HelloKitty <3

Comment

Originally posted by Magyeomie View Post
        So according to Hello Kitty dongsaeng <3 There is not a 1 v 1 mode in the Korean version. Everything is team battles. Thanks HelloKitty <3
        Hello,

You're very welcome Unni, you can play with me in the game if you like. I'm looking for some friends.

Comment

• HelloKitty
          HelloKitty commented
          Editing a comment
          Anytime is convenient, I am available right now as a matter of fact.

• Magyeomie
          Magyeomie commented
          Editing a comment
          HelloKitty awwww T___T I would but I am in the middle of doing my research papers. I am currently lurking the forums to relieve the stress tension XD While listening to san-e and madclown <3 mot meokeun gam~

• HelloKitty
          HelloKitty commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,

I see, research papers are always fun to do. I'm dealing with some server networking issues myself [for work purposes, thought I was taking a break, i guess not!] Though, techically im just advising them. ㅎㅎ. Though, I am off siding maplestory 2! ㅋㅋ

Thanks for your answer

Comment

• Magyeomie
          Magyeomie commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem!
      Working...
      X