• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casual Guide to Penny Farming!

Penny
    Guide
    Intro

Don't have a lot of time to play?
    That's fine, this guide is just for you.

Several methods here are endgame methods.
    That's right, like any other MMO, most of your money making comes from endgame.
    But there are a few early level methods, but not as good, but you don't need to worry about
    money as much early game anyways.
    Don't worry though, it really doesn't take that long to reach endgame since
    HeroWarz doesn't have much going on for it right now.
    You can actually reach endgame in less than a week with a bit of help through Zone Chat if you're brand new to the game.

What are pennies and what are they used for?
    Pennies are the in-game currency, usually known a "gold" in other MMORPGs.
    They are used for buying from players, upgrading, ranking up Sidekicks, and more.

Various ways to make pennies!
    There are several ways to make pennies, the first being the new Twilight mode that you can do 3 times a day. (PER-Character!)
    Other ways to make pennies is by selling Diver Codes which are around 10k ~ 20k each.
    You can also sell any Sidekick Awakening Scrolls if you don't plan on using that sidekick to rank.
    Twilight & Kachina Dolls
    Twilight is a daily mode that was added and simply made for farming a small amount of extra pennies up to 3 times a day.
    There are currently 1 map.
    • Twilight Zone - Kachina Forest
    • T̶w̶i̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶Z̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶P̶u̶p̶p̶e̶t̶ ̶L̶a̶k̶e̶
    You can do these 3 times a day on multiple characters.

Kachina Forest
    In Kachina Forest, there will be Large Kachinas' that spawn occasionally as you progress through a small dungeon.
    Defeating these will drop extra Kachina Dolls compared to just getting Dolls from the results screen only.
    At the end, a few Large Kachinas will spawn 1 by 1 in a small amount of time. (Roughly 4~5)

During the results screen, you will get Lucky Boxes + Kachina Dolls.
    MAX Possible Golden Kachina Dolls from Cards: 30

P̶u̶p̶p̶e̶t̶ ̶L̶a̶k̶e̶
    I̶n̶ ̶P̶u̶p̶p̶e̶t̶ ̶L̶a̶k̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶5̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶K̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶a̶s̶'̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶.̶
    A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶5̶0̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶ ̶K̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶a̶ ̶T̶r̶e̶a̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶W̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶.̶
    T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶d̶e̶n̶ ̶K̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶a̶s̶'̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶p̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶n̶n̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶.̶
    (̶B̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶3̶,̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶T̶r̶e̶a̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶W̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶5̶)̶
    Y̶o̶u̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶l̶y̶ ̶1̶5̶0̶k̶ ̶~̶ ̶1̶7̶0̶k̶ ̶P̶e̶n̶n̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶.̶
    Puppet Lake was removed/being reworked due to an exploit.

Golden Kachina Doll
    These Golden Kachina Doll sell for 5k pennies each at NPCs.
    100 of them is 500k Pennies.

Lucky Box
    These Lucky Boxes can help you make a small amount of Pennies depending on how lucky you are.
    (You can get up to 9 a day from just 1 character through Stage 3.)

You have a chance to obtain 5 Diver Codes which you can sell for 10k~20k each.
    You have a chance to get Pandora Boxes which comes with a small amount of pennies and other possible things that could be sold.

Lucky Days in Twilight
    Some days can be lucky days when doing a Twilight runs.
    You can come across a large amount of rewards like this.

From just this run, I've gotten 69 Golden Kachina Dolls (Let's not get immature now.)
    Since these go for 5k each, that's 345k from just that 1 run.

End results from Stage 3 on one character if lucky.

That's 675k pennies from 1 character. (Normally you'd have around roughly 70~90 on average from 1 character.)
    Hard Liberation / Divers

Diver Codes
    It's no secret to know, You get 4 Diver Codes a run from Hard Lib.
    So, if you don't have a lot of time to play, you could simply do at least 20 runs which would
    benefit you with 80 Diver Codes which would net you 1,200,000 pennies if sold for 15k each + any additional
    Diver Codes you got from your Lucky Boxes.

Why sell Diver Codes?
    Diver Codes are used to enter EX Third World/Pantheon.
    A lot of people sell them due to not being able to do EX due to certain character nerfs currently. or you are someone who was lucky enough to finish a full Wonder Set with every single perfect skill mod on your gears, and have no purpose in doing EX anymore on your main.

EX cost "15" Diver Codes per-run so people will want these, don't overprice them or you'll end up never selling them on the market.

Now you could keep your Codes and try farming for Designer NPC Costumes, while working on your gear, people will want these which will go for a decent amount, people will either buy them for looks, or buy them to dismantle for Luxury Cloths.

Sidekicks / Sidekick Awakening Scrolls
    When doing Hard Lib runs, you might come across a Sidekick Contract. (Don't get your hopes up though.)
    Especially if you just do casual runs here and there a day, but if you do come across one, they can sell for a nice amount.
    (500k ~ 10mil depending on the sidekick.)
    Doing your weekly Backdraft (Hardcore) up to all 5 rounds will always give you a box that will give you a Sidekick Contract.
    (Do not take carries from these, I've seen people asking for 100 Diver Codes to carry, do not take those offers.)

The point of Backdraft Hardcore from being a weekly limit is because it gives the biggest boost to your Diver Codes in 1 run and the 100% Chance for a Sidekick when you complete all 5 Rounds before opening the chest. If you need a Lib Sidekick at 100% Drop, you're better off buying them from the Market NPC than dealing with an RNG Box, this will net you more profit in the end whether you choose to keep and use your codes for more EX Runs, or simply selling them instead.

Clocks
    Sometimes when doing Player Training, Normal Lib, or Hard Lib, you'll come across a Clock Accessories which is pretty rare like Sidekicks, but they seem to be a tad bit more common than Sidekick Contracts.
    These sell to NPC's by default for 544,000 Pennies.

However, they can sell for more depending on the stats for the Clock.
    They can be sold up to 1mil ~ 10mil
    (2AM and 2PM are the most popular Clocks)

What's considered decent stats for these clocks to be worth up to 4~8mil?
    2AM
    (BLUE STATS)
    5% Attack Power or higher
    5% Critical Chace or higher
    *You need at least 2 out of 4 lines with both of these.
    2PM
    (BLUE STATS)
    5% Critical Chance
    6% Critical Damage
    *You need at least 2 out of 4 lines with both of these.
    (BLUE STATS) = The identified stats below the pre-set main stats.

Originally posted by Changelog
    • 12-20-2016
      Updated: Changed Diver Code prices, removed Puppet Lake, added Clock example stats for Price Range, and some fixes to fit the current changes.
    • 09-09-2016
      Guide created
    Last edited by Hiek; 12-20-2016, 03:09 PM.

Puppet Lake used to be completely broken. You could farm it endlessly if you just leave the dungeon before the time expires, and for some reason, this is the only map I was getting for several days. Not sure when they fixed it since I didn't notice a patch, but now the map randomly changes, how it's supposed to. That's not to say you can't just farm it endlessly, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dCypher View Post
      Puppet Lake used to be completely broken. You could farm it endlessly if you just leave the dungeon before the time expires, and for some reason, this is the only map I was getting for several days. Not sure when they fixed it since I didn't notice a patch, but now the map randomly changes, how it's supposed to. That's not to say you can't just farm it endlessly, anyway.
      I thought it was a cheap way to farm.
      But after a bit, I realized it's better to just do the Daily and get it over with, because doing Hard Lib is a lot faster
      by farming Codes to sell.

You get around 50k~100k from Hard Lib if you roll Penny Cards (which most of the time you do.)

Plus, you get 4 Diver Codes a run, which are like 40k each atm. That's another 160k.

Plus, after a few runs when your inventory is full of gear, you can return
      to town and sell all your equips instead of dismantling if you already have over 500k~5mil+ Fragments.
      Not much, but it's a small extra amount.

Also any Sidekick Awakening Scrolls you might get during your runs.
      Might not be instant Pennies at the time, but will be later.

Comment

• Lacrima
        Lacrima commented
        Editing a comment
        It's moreso the awakening fragments that make Hard Lib produce more penny. Re-entering puppet lake can produce more than hard lib without awakenings if you can kill 1200 or more monsters a run.

Updated the OP.

Comment

Working...
      X