Clock Accessories FAQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock Accessories FAQ

Hello Players! Just thought I'd compile all the information I have about these semi-mysterious accessories, including stat comparisons and the like. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I can add them to this post!

For starters, what are clock accessories?

Clocks are equipment that gets placed in the middle right slot on the equipment page. They are accessories that can only be gotten from dungeoning or trading; they cannot be purchased at this time.

Why Clocks though? Are they story-relevant equips?
    Actually, yes! When the Players visit the Old Clock Forest, they find that it has been taken over by the Absolutes, a race created by Camilla's Fragment that are obsessed with time. Seeing clocks all over the ground, greedy Masces gathered them all up and brought them back to Historic Service HQ to sell. Although he isn't open for business at this time, there may be a clock shop run by Masces in our game's future! [See "The Green Goddess. Myriad" in the Deus Report for reference]

Okay, if I can't buy them, how do I get them?
    Recently there's been an increase in players trading them for Pennies, anywhere from 500k to 2.5m depending. If you would rather face the grind, Clocks are found as random drops from enemies (except in Third World) and as dungeon rewards in Player Training and Liberation. In my experience, they seem to drop more often in PT runs, but ultimately it's all a matter of luck. I got my first clock at level 15 from a random Story Dungeon mob.

Wow, 15?! Did you enjoy the extra stats?
    Unfortunately, no. All clocks are epic equips that require level 70 to use; that is, after a player has completed the story. I'll use the second post in this thread for a full stat breakdown of each unique clock.

Unique clocks? They aren't like the other post-story epics? Which one is the best??
    Yes and No. Currently there are six unique clocks in the game that I've seen, although Masces hinted at another. While they lack the hard stat boost like weapons and armor, each clock has a few percentage based stat boosts that are always attached to it, which you can see below. They also come with 4 other stat boosts, which are randomized per clock. As far as which one is the best, it comes down to personal preference and playstyle, because each one has pros and cons. Up to you to choose and obtain the one you want!

Say I get two on a character, can I transfer it to another?
    As long a clock is still wrapped, it is not bound to characters or the account, and can be traded or stored in the locker for any player/character to use. Once it is unwrapped however, it becomes untradeable and character bound, so only unwrap them on the character you want to use it. You can stockpile your extras for future characters, just until they get to level 70

I think that covers everything! The extra space is there in case anyone can to add to it. Happy hunting!

To go over the stats one more time: Clock equips do NOT have hard stat additions, like how Weapons add Attack Power or Armor adds Defense. Instead, each clock has a few percentage-based stat upgrades, such as Weapon Power +7.0%. Because they are percentages, the "best" clock is going to depend on how you play your character and which stats best suit your style. Using Battle Power and Survivability will not be the best way to judge whether a clock is strong or not. Additionally, each clock has four random buffs (seen in blue) which may vary between identical clocks. So you should choose which base stats you want, and then if you get a bad roll of blue buffs, find a second of the same type to reroll.

Below is a list of the known clock equips as well as the stats tied to each one. I've also included a picture with each clock shown in the same order they are listed (from left to right).

1. 2AM
    -Weapon Power +7.0%
    -Pennies Gained +5.0%

2. 2PM
    -Critical Hit Chance +4.0%
    -Critical Hit Damage +6.0%
    -Pennies Gained +5.0%

3. Chrono Tick
    -HP Increase Rate +6.0%
    -Max Mana +50
    -EXP Gained +5.0%

4. Operation Time
    -Mana Speed Increase +3.0%
    -Pennies Gained +5.0%
    -Cooldown Speed +3.0%

5. Speed Master
    -Weapon Speed Increase Rate +4.0%
    -Movement Speed Increase +5.0%
    -EXP Gained +5.0%

6. Time is Money
    -Mana Speed Increase +3.0%
    -EXP Gained +5.0%
    -Cooldown Speed +3.0%

Comment

• Queen
      Queen commented
      Editing a comment
      put that on the wiki page ;3

nice mini guide on clocks

Comment

Ahhh, yep, Time is Money, that was the clock I got during CBT 2 from a Story Mission end of dungeon reward. x3
      I'm quite happy with my current Speed Master as well, since it got a Crit Chance additional stat. Once the +Exp becomes a dead stat, I wouldn't mind an Operation Time. ;3 2PM isn't too bad either.

Comment

RNG can suck my nuts.

Comment

Do you have any information on the max value of each stat you can roll when identifying? Might be worth to add those just to know if you got good rolls or low ones

Comment

Originally posted by Eiyuu View Post
            Do you have any information on the max value of each stat you can roll when identifying? Might be worth to add those just to know if you got good rolls or low ones
            Firstly, sorry for taking so long to reply! Been away from the computer with all my screenshots, and I didn't want to give a firm answer without examples.

That said, looking through all the different blue buffs, I have no idea where they are being drawn from, so I have no idea what the max stats would be. For example, I have seen two clocks with HP Increase Rate +5.5% and HP Increase Rate +7.6%, and I have no idea why they are over 2 points different. This applies to every stat: other examples include Weapon Power between +3.5% and +5.4%, and Max Mana between +45.00 and +68.00. Even stranger is that I have a few screenshots with two identical buffs but with differing values, like Mana Recovery Per Second +1.00 AND +1.20.

So concluding from that information, my guess is that the actual numerical buff is also randomized, along with which buff it'll be. Making it even harder to tell if a clock is good, and impossible to know what the true maximum is. Just gotta pray to RNGesus more, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd13z View Post

Firstly, sorry for taking so long to reply! Been away from the computer with all my screenshots, and I didn't want to give a firm answer without examples.

That said, looking through all the different blue buffs, I have no idea where they are being drawn from, so I have no idea what the max stats would be. For example, I have seen two clocks with HP Increase Rate +5.5% and HP Increase Rate +7.6%, and I have no idea why they are over 2 points different. This applies to every stat: other examples include Weapon Power between +3.5% and +5.4%, and Max Mana between +45.00 and +68.00. Even stranger is that I have a few screenshots with two identical buffs but with differing values, like Mana Recovery Per Second +1.00 AND +1.20.

So concluding from that information, my guess is that the actual numerical buff is also randomized, along with which buff it'll be. Making it even harder to tell if a clock is good, and impossible to know what the true maximum is. Just gotta pray to RNGesus more, I suppose.
              That's basically what I concluded as well from the clocks I have. Each stat will also have a different range of values to choose from so it's not completely random. You can have stuff like 8% crit dmg, but not 8% weapon power. Finding the range for each stat just becomes another grind fest and recording the possible values. One thing I find interesting is that blue stats aren't weighted like white stats meaning it's possible to get the highest value for each line (for any gear, not just clocks).
              Last edited by Frost; 07-17-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

I found some new info with the help of Wraith. Clocks have a hidden depth rating that you can check using the new diving NPC. The hidden depth most likely affects the min and max values of each random stat. So if someone identified a clock at level 15, they would most likely have a piece of turd for stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Frost View Post
                  I found some new info with the help of Wraith. Clocks have a hidden depth rating that you can check using the new diving NPC. The hidden depth most likely affects the min and max values of each random stat. So if someone identified a clock at level 15, they would most likely have a piece of turd for stats.
                  Interesting... I'll mess around with it when I have more time. Have a few clocks I can spare for some data.

Comment

i get them at lib runs. I got 3 just today. Not sure if they increased the rate

Comment

Does clocks add depth?

Comment

• Tabofren
                        Tabofren commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Simple answer: No.

Right now I'm waiting for Suteki to show up.

• Hiek
                        Hiek commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup, this was Necro'd lol.
                        Flammie, You should make a new thread next time.
                        But as Tabofren said, no they don't add Depth.
                        Only Weapon/Armor/Accessories add depth. Clocks, Mounts, Emblems, Titles, Tents do not.
                    Working...
                    X