No announcement yet.

Nagne 101 (Work In Progress)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess ten thousand letters with One Stroke is a little bugged . Sometimes it just misses , other times the dmg is so low. I guess i will not use the mod

Comment

• Lacrima
      Lacrima commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not bugged, read the skill description. It makes the skill range more narrow, meaning you have to be more careful when you aim it. Furthermore, I think the low damage ticks are probably your owl, and not the skill; I always get a high damage burst when using the skill.

• kithit
      kithit commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the same issue you do, Cispo. I'm point blank in front of the boss and I don't see One Stroke landing. Is it possible that I missed? Sure

• Lacrima
      Lacrima commented
      Editing a comment
      Kit
      Try using Wu Tang Sword once or twice to make sure you're literally sticking to the boss. One Stroke's hitbox takes a bit of practice to really understand. You more or less have to hit the boss with the gap between you and the second character (文).

Lol. I play almost complete opposite. Everyone has their our build/style, so I won't say to much. But I disagree w/ the hate on Blade Wind and Boomerang Wheel. Extremely useful if used correctly. Those that have ran w/ me know

Comment

• L3mon
      L3mon commented
      Editing a comment
      Blade Wind is a skill regardless if anyone likes it or not. To make use of it get Tombstone I can guarantee the it will be one of the higher end DPS passives you can get. To me both Owl and Cake is good, but I use snare so I use cake being that mana is essential*no and ifs or buts, I would so much go as do not use owl if you do not use Blue Pedal.

Outside of Leap Slash I would use Boomerang. Yes you make the wheel circle and swoop up mobs for you its not about the wheel ticking damage but to bring everything to you to burst and THAT alone is proof enough it is not a gimmick.

I can find Bari very easy even without Wheel or Owl and even then who cares about fiding her? It is extremely easy to dodge. What should be more focus on is all the mobs she spawns and quicker you knock them out the easier the fight gets.

No matter what anyone says Nagne DPS output is centered around SPD. Everyone only cares about "High DPS", but fail to actually learn the mechanics of the said hero/skills to maximize to full potential.

Believe me if we are talking about DPS it is not a problem with Blade and Wheel I can guarantee that

• Lacrima
      Lacrima commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Blade Wind is a skill, however, that doesn't mean you have to learn it. Tombstone only targets five monsters, and has a fairly long animation. I don't see any reason to take it over some other mod, especially when pants have many other very good options. Chocolate pies are completely and utterly useless compared to the owl, seeing as how the owl ends up providing your entire party with amp'd damage. I agree that mana is essential, but this build does not have mana problems, regardless of the lack of both chocolate pies and blue petals. Neither of them are even remotely necessary.

As for Hoop, you don't need to burst monsters? Besides, Falling Leaf, with clean up, and without Silver snare, still brings monsters within range for your burst at a lower opportunity cost. That said, at this point in time, there is no need to use higher burst skills on monsters that can be pulled by the wheel, whatsoever; it's a complete waste of mana. Sure, you can regen it if you take some of the mana sustain skills, but there's no reason to waste mana like that if you don't need to use it in the first place.

As for Bari - that was just an example. It was, and still is, the only place that I can see Hoop's gimmick being of use. There's no point in having hoop pulling enemies to you by wasting your hat's mod slot, you're even better off with fetch on your pants. You literally lose out on 3600% potential burst damage.

Nagne is not necessarily centered around speed. I agree that is one way to play him, but it is not necessarily the best way. This guide exists specifically to provide people who care about 'High DPS' with a starting point by giving them the BiS mods, and potential alternatives. Blade Wind and Hoop ultimately lower DPS, which is why this build does not recommend using them. I've tested all of Nagne's mods extensively, and I can positively conclude that this build out damages any build that makes use of hoop and tombstone in 1.41's meta.

• L3mon
      L3mon commented
      Editing a comment
      If you say so.

None taken. I am glad it is things people do not use. I am content with my low DPS

Comment

Is it bad to add

Killer Snake
      Drastically increase the damage of [Snake Trail] but only slashes 3 enemies.

to Explosive Serpent + Boa Snake + Fence Hop?

Here is my build :
      Top: Explosive Serpent
      Bottom: Gongdong + Fence Hop
      Shoes: Killer Snake + the aerial 7.5%
      Hat : Leap Slash
      Weapon: Great Rising Slash + Boa Snake
      Last edited by ChaosGod; 08-03-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Lacrima
        Lacrima commented
        Editing a comment
        The issue that with Killer Snake is that it does not stack well with Fence Hop. You lose a couple seconds worth of cooldown reduction. That said, if you do not have all three mods (Explosive, Boa, Fence), then adding in Killer Snake has very little detriments. The issue with having all three mods is that Exp already does a tonne of damage, so you'd be increasing the cooldown without giving yourself *that* much more damage.

That said, it's not bad. It's still a decent mod.

• ChaosGod
        ChaosGod commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I see thank you.
        So when facing one enemy and I used:
        >Explosive+Boa+Fence = less cooldown
        >Explosive+Boa+Fence+Killer = More cooldown even when it slash one enemy?

With killer max slash is 3
        Without killer the max slash is more than 3

With Fence Hop slashing less enemy than the max slash = less cooldown

Fence+Killer = max slash is 3 and I only slash one enemy = more cooldown due to 1/3 ratio
        Fence = max slash is more than 3 and I slash one enemy = less cooldown
        Did I interpret it right?
        Last edited by ChaosGod; 08-03-2016, 11:06 PM.

• Lacrima
        Lacrima commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, that's right.

Hiii, im new in this game, been playing for 10 days+ and yesterday i got head equipment with Leap Slash and was a huge change!! It hits so hard, more than many of my skills and it doesnt consume much mana, so you can spam it a lot for regular mobs, grab and kill fast. Hit 1-2k when it grabs and 10-20+k when hits floor.
      I also got a shirt with Wanderer that gives 50% increase duration for Like The Wind, i like it cause the stacks dont go down that easy now.

And i cant find a weapon i like, i got the one with World is Mightier... and the Shoes with One Stroke, but i seem to miss a lot of hits even being beside boss, maybe i might be doing something wrong?. I liked a lot one i had, but was lvl 61 weapon

Comment

Thanks for the guide! Unfortunately I learned Thousland Letters, Blade Wind, and Lion Strike. Hopefully the build isn't hindered too much because of them

Comment

Note: This guide is no correct as of patch 1.55 due to the various drastic changes made to Nagne. The strongest build now derives from Air Nagne. Unfortunately, I will not be updating this guide due to time constraints in real life. However, here is a TLDR.

Hat
          -Mind's Eye > Leap=Wild Blows=Great Cleave

-Ultimate Death Blade

Weapon
          -Mobile Death Blade >Great Rising=Dragon=Turtle=Boa=Sword of Nine

Bottom
          -Secret sword of death

Shoes
          -Cloud Moon

I'm not going to explain, but whatever.

Last edited by Lacrima; 09-06-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X