X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how often do new heroes come out?

i am dying for tom
    i have such a soft spot for pitchers

We don't really have a firm or guaranteed answer for how often new characters are released. Open Beta gave us Nagne, Derrick, Ara, Audrey, B, Hades, and Mary. Then on July 20th, we got Jerry. It took until October 5th to get our next one, Mac, and then we got Izanami on November 16th. So between Jerry and Mac there was 11 weeks, but between Mac and Izanami, only 6. That aside, we have no way of knowing who's next. Everyone thought that Tom would come after Jerry due to the fact that his portrait used to be right after hers... and then it was right after Mac's and now it's right after Izanami's, so there's still no guarantee.

So unfortunately, we've got no firm knowledge of when the next hero will come or who it might be. It could be soon, it could be in several weeks. They've done teasers on the main page and Facebook for Mac and Izanami though, so regularly checking those will ensure you know right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Suteki View Post
      We don't really have a firm or guaranteed answer for how often new characters are released. Open Beta gave us Nagne, Derrick, Ara, Audrey, B, Hades, and Mary. Then on July 20th, we got Jerry. It took until October 5th to get our next one, Mac, and then we got Izanami on November 16th. So between Jerry and Mac there was 11 weeks, but between Mac and Izanami, only 6. That aside, we have no way of knowing who's next. Everyone thought that Tom would come after Jerry due to the fact that his portrait used to be right after hers... and then it was right after Mac's and now it's right after Izanami's, so there's still no guarantee.

So unfortunately, we've got no firm knowledge of when the next hero will come or who it might be. It could be soon, it could be in several weeks. They've done teasers on the main page and Facebook for Mac and Izanami though, so regularly checking those will ensure you know right away.
      oh no. :{
      i was hoping for a more solid schedule.

Comment

Rarely.

They just have started releasing new heroes, so consistency still has to take place.

So far, they have been releasing heroes when there's a huge drop in player populations. Like, when people massively stopped playing, they gave us Mac. Then, when everyone got bored of Mac (Admit it, he's not THAT enjoyable of a hero) and started leaving again for various reasons, they threw Izanami at us. And now we're here.

Comment

Originally posted by seph View Post
          Rarely.

They just have started releasing new heroes, so consistency still has to take place.

So far, they have been releasing heroes when there's a huge drop in player populations. Like, when people massively stopped playing, they gave us Mac. Then, when everyone got bored of Mac (Admit it, he's not THAT enjoyable of a hero) and started leaving again for various reasons, they threw Izanami at us. And now we're here.
          that doesn't seem like a smart way to get and hold onto a playerbase. ( ´_ノ` )
          i don't think getting tired of the characters is the real reason people are leaving. i don't mind doing the same trivial tasks over and over again; i could spend hours doing repeat quests in any mmo/video game and not get bored, but most people don't enjoy that kind of thing lol.
          and that's p much what this game is when u get down to the nitty gritty. needs more substance. i could see something like a field boss type event drawing attention. kind of like how in mabinogi, a dragon will appear in iria every now and then. players will gather and take it out for nice loot and experience. in herowarz's case, a dungeon could open for all players with some kind of superboss for everyone to take out.

maybe something like that, but on a more frequent basis. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ i noticed the problem with the current events is that they are all things you can do by yourself. events that bring the community together are better and will bring the game back to life (imo, at least).

Comment

Originally posted by Crybaby View Post

that doesn't seem like a smart way to get and hold onto a playerbase. ( ´_ノ` )
            i don't think getting tired of the characters is the real reason people are leaving. i don't mind doing the same trivial tasks over and over again; i could spend hours doing repeat quests in any mmo/video game and not get bored, but most people don't enjoy that kind of thing lol.
            and that's p much what this game is when u get down to the nitty gritty. needs more substance. i could see something like a field boss type event drawing attention. kind of like how in mabinogi, a dragon will appear in iria every now and then. players will gather and take it out for nice loot and experience. in herowarz's case, a dungeon could open for all players with some kind of superboss for everyone to take out.

maybe something like that, but on a more frequent basis. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ i noticed the problem with the current events is that they are all things you can do by yourself. events that bring the community together are better and will bring the game back to life (imo, at least).
            You mentioned "superboss" of some kind. Devs still hasn't released Raid Bosses, so there's that. It's originally a 8-man party fighting a huge raid boss. Who knows what other possible content they have in store? I sure hope they do. Because what we have right now, is really not far away from the original game... Literally, only a Raid is missing, besides PvP.

You are right; It's not the heroes that make players quit early (by early i mean end game, etc., so not exactly early progress-wise). It is the gating of the content.

Before (in open beta and beyond), we had access to the end game content without restrictions. Population was rather big (not as big as other games, but big enough to find multiple parties running the same content that you are). They released Diver Codes and this frustratingly stupid gating for the end-game content. That's when a few well-known figures instantly quit the game and never came back. The rest has quit over the next 2 weeks and player hubs became wastelands.

That's what killed the game. It was said over and over, some people even spent up to a few days compiling some serious mega-posts on how to improve the game. None of it was (and none of it is going to, let's be honest) listened to or taken into account. People kept leaving.

Izanami patch seems to have brought back [b]some[/n] population back, which is good. The question is, for how long? Because the issues pointed out back in OBT are still there, and the gating hasn't changed a bit.
            Last edited by seph; 12-03-2016, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X