Gear Questions ~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Questions ~

Herro ~ I came back to this game a two or three weeks ago and now I'm confused as heck, since my Izanami is the highest level/depth I have gotten ~ T ^ T

1. What exactly happens during IQ's Diving? I understand what you need but I don't know what the end result would be.

2. For the Mystery Item Shop ( Weapon ), there are separate categories [ Fast, Normal, Quick, Powerful, Mana, Efficient, Balanced, Enhanced ]. What are the differences between Quick and Fast? If possible, I would appreciate a quick, simple run through on all of the types.
    Last edited by Amai; 12-03-2016, 08:50 PM.

Welcome back to HeroWarz!

1) So in diving, you have two pieces of gear for the same spot. For here, I'll use weapons as examples. The item that you first give IQ will be the item you keep, so I'll call it the Keeper. Ideally, you like this weapon's mods and would like the stats, but it's a bit too low depth for where you are. The second item then is the Sacrifice. It is of a higher depth than the Keeper, but otherwise it's worthless to you. So you go to IQ and if your diving is successful, the Keeper's depth will increase to somewhere near where the Sacrifice's depth was -- and better yet, the stats will also increase to what would be natural at this new depth's level. If there's a huge gap in the weapons' depth levels, it won't be a full jump as well, but you might end up halfway to 3/4 of the way to the Sacrifice's depth level. So if you start with a 120 depth weapon but want to get to 145, you may have to dive it several times to get there.

2) All weapons have four main stats that have varying values: Weapon Power, Weapon Speed, Mana Speed, and Cooldown Speed. These are also the main stats you see of yours when inspecting your character. If you hover over the bars on yourself, you'll notice it's in "number+smaller number" format. If you're interested in what the nitty gritty of stat formulas do, it looks like BrightAngel made a guide about that.

But without a weapon equipped, if you hover over the stats, you'll notice they're all "100+something". 100 is the base and stands for "100%" while increasing or decreasing the numbers changes the multipliers too. And that's what these different weapon types do: they manipulate the numbers. The "+something" at the end are added stats from all of your various equips.

All of the types should have a different focus on different stats. Below are the values I found on a rare 145 Depth Weapon for Audrey for each:

Type - Weapon Power/Weapon Speed/Mana Speed/Cooldown Speed
    Normal - 100/106/111/106
    Powerful - 124/103/90/88
    Mana - 89/109/126/109
    Balanced - 105/104/106/104
    Efficient - 92/93/129/122
    Fast - 98/117/109/98
    Enhanced - 114/96/112/96
    Quick - 96/125/102/96

And as a note, these numbers increase if you have an epic piece of gear instead. For example, my Fast epic weapon on her had 115/122/102/98 instead (I found the same on fast weapons on my Izanami and Ara too). I also can't guarantee if these numbers also vary between weapons or characters (can't test easily due to buying limits), but the above should be a rough guideline.

So yeah. Quick will really boost your weapon speed, but will take down your attack power, cooldown speed, and won't really help out your mana speed. You're purely focused on attack speed here. Meanwhile a fast weapon still won't be the best for your weapon power and cooldown speed, but your attack speed will still be improved, plus you'll notice your MP speed increase too. At the epic level, it's more balanced too, focusing on attack power and speed.

Comment

Ormg ~ Thankies Suteki ~
      I understand the stuff a lot more, but just as a clarification...
      By "weapon's mods and stats", is the weapon mods the skill buffs and the stats are the four types right ( wep power / wep speed / mana speed / cd speed )?

Comment

Originally posted by Amai View Post
        Ormg ~ Thankies Suteki ~
        I understand the stuff a lot more, but just as a clarification...
        By "weapon's mods and stats", is the weapon mods the skill buffs and the stats are the four types right ( wep power / wep speed / mana speed / cd speed )?
        The stats include the four types as well as any blue-text stats on the weapon that are randomly assigned when identified. To my knowledge, those don't change during diving.

Comment

Working...
        X