Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how the HECk am i supposed to get 4.5k iza crystals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how the HECk am i supposed to get 4.5k iza crystals?

i just spent the past 2 hours killing stuff for the 2X Crystal Drop Rate Event and i don't even think it worked. i wasn't getting any more crystals than when the drop rate isn't increased. i only have 400 crystals.

h o w???? how the heck
    explain this to me someone
    pl e as e

grind 24/7 :^) Idk. i myself farmed for ~4 hours, am at 400 crystals.

Comment

So I think ideally, you're supposed to grind consistently throughout the event -- not just in the double times. I've noticed Hard Liberation gives more crystals than places like Pantheon/Labyrinth, so focusing your grinding there may help too. Focus on playing your strongest character, as opposed to maybe leveling up a weaker one if at all possible. By doing this, since Wednesday I've gotten to about 1.8k crystals. Now, also note that the Midsummer Night's Muse aura is a stretch goal, meant to be a reward for the most dedicated. There are other prizes along they way to still try to reward those with less free time to dedicate, but I got the sense that the aura is a reward to those who really earned it.

That said, the potentially-broken double crystal drop event is a problem. You're encouraged to send Support a ticket about it, since if more people mention it being an issue, it's likelier to get focus by their internal team. The lack of a buff icon is certainly something to mention, and may be something to screenshot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Suteki View Post
        So I think ideally, you're supposed to grind consistently throughout the event -- not just in the double times. I've noticed Hard Liberation gives more crystals than places like Pantheon/Labyrinth, so focusing your grinding there may help too. Focus on playing your strongest character, as opposed to maybe leveling up a weaker one if at all possible. By doing this, since Wednesday I've gotten to about 1.8k crystals. Now, also note that the Midsummer Night's Muse aura is a stretch goal, meant to be a reward for the most dedicated. There are other prizes along they way to still try to reward those with less free time to dedicate, but I got the sense that the aura is a reward to those who really earned it.

That said, the potentially-broken double crystal drop event is a problem. You're encouraged to send Support a ticket about it, since if more people mention it being an issue, it's likelier to get focus by their internal team. The lack of a buff icon is certainly something to mention, and may be something to screenshot too.
        my highest character level is 39 l m a o
        i have no idea what hard liberation or pantheon/labyrinth are.

Comment

Originally posted by Crybaby View Post

my highest character level is 39 l m a o
          i have no idea what hard liberation or pantheon/labyrinth are.
          Drop rates for event-related stuff is usually a lot higher in Player Training / Liberation. You have to complete the story first.

Comment

Originally posted by seph View Post

Drop rates for event-related stuff is usually a lot higher in Player Training / Liberation. You have to complete the story first.
            what kinda bs is that

Comment

what kinda bs is that
              It's pretty common in all games; late game is 'harder' so you get more for it. It shouldn't take too long to do story and even if you need help you should be able to make a friend or two who can just spam you through to do PT

Comment

Originally posted by Esper View Post

It's pretty common in all games; late game is 'harder' so you get more for it. It shouldn't take too long to do story and even if you need help you should be able to make a friend or two who can just spam you through to do PT
                yeah, but i don't think that should effect how normal events run. it's rather punishing for low level players to get close to no crystals while higher levels are getting multitudes more?

Comment

yeah, but i don't think that should effect how normal events run. it's rather punishing for low level players to get close to no crystals while higher levels are getting multitudes more?
                  I prefer it this way:
                  It's rewarding for players who play until late game.

Stay positive.

Comment

So CS finally responded to my ticket, and they acknowledged that the double drop event didn't seem to be working. They mentioned forwarding it to their team, so maybe we'll see some compensation for it.

I don't so much think it's in the rates of the drops (as in they didn't decide "Level 10 places average 1 crystal per run, level 70 places get 5 per run"), but rather the amount people end up with is based on how quickly they can kill and how many monsters are in a given map. When you're in story mode on a low level character, it may take you five to ten minutes to clear a map. Let's say you get 5 crystals from that. But then in Player Training and Liberation, you're essentially clearing three dungeons at once -- and most people complete PT and Lib in 5-10 minutes too when they get stronger and more capable of dishing out damage. So higher level characters may end up with 15 crystals, but that's only because they killed about three times as many monsters in the same amount of time. I think this is part of why Pantheon/Labyrinth don't give so many crystals, simply because they don't have nearly as many monsters as PT/Lib do.

Comment

So CS finally responded to my ticket, and they acknowledged that the double drop event didn't seem to be working. They mentioned forwarding it to their team, so maybe we'll see some compensation for it.

I don't so much think it's in the rates of the drops (as in they didn't decide "Level 10 places average 1 crystal per run, level 70 places get 5 per run"), but rather the amount people end up with is based on how quickly they can kill and how many monsters are in a given map. When you're in story mode on a low level character, it may take you five to ten minutes to clear a map. Let's say you get 5 crystals from that. But then in Player Training and Liberation, you're essentially clearing three dungeons at once -- and most people complete PT and Lib in 5-10 minutes too when they get stronger and more capable of dishing out damage. So higher level characters may end up with 15 crystals, but that's only because they killed about three times as many monsters in the same amount of time. I think this is part of why Pantheon/Labyrinth don't give so many crystals, simply because they don't have nearly as many monsters as PT/Lib do.
                      Haven't you noticed, playing 7+ heroes through story, that Story Mode drop less "Mac Bullets" or w/e, than Player Training? Because from my experience, it does. Tbh, the amount of enemies you killl over time is roughly the same in both Story Mode and Player Training, depends on the hero. So that should not be the issue either.

Remember Mac event: you'd rarely see a bullet drop in the Story Mode. Once you entered PT, it started raining bullets (in comparison to before, rate was still **** till the end of the event).

Crybaby once you enter the content where the Grind is the main focus - things will drop quite often. Event related things, at least. So hang in there!

TL;DR It's because Story Mode is one long tutorial. Tutorials are not supposed to be the "farming zone" to gear up / participate in events. That's what i think, based on my experience.

Anyway, if enough people voice this - KoG might ninja-patch this or something.

Comment

Originally posted by seph View Post

Haven't you noticed, playing 7+ heroes through story, that Story Mode drop less "Mac Bullets" or w/e, than Player Training? Because from my experience, it does. Tbh, the amount of enemies you killl over time is roughly the same in both Story Mode and Player Training, depends on the hero. So that should not be the issue either.

Remember Mac event: you'd rarely see a bullet drop in the Story Mode. Once you entered PT, it started raining bullets (in comparison to before, rate was still **** till the end of the event).
                        For the Mac bullet event, once I got Mac himself out of storymode on day one (when the drops were still ridiculously broken), I never went back. So I never got to see how it compared back then once they fixed the rates... and I never tried story mode with the Halloween drops either. All of my characters are in Hard Lib, so that's where

But I did go back into a five or so storymode missions over the past few days, and I noticed the amount of crystals I got in a single mission was maybe a third of what I got in Lib. It could be purely coincidence -- much like you mentioned in another thread, I think I've averaged around 9-10 crystals per Hard Lib run, but in those single story missions, I got 2-4 each. When you consider that PT and Lib are little more than three story missions stitched together, it's where I pulled my logic. They could genuinely have the rates in the endgame beefed up though; since we're not told drop rates, I'm running purely off of hunches.

Comment

• seph
                          seph commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It was a wild guess from my part as well, but i do remember the difference in drop rates for bullets when i was getting my Mac through story vs. when i was farming gear in Liberation. Difference was.. noticeable. That's where i come from. Plus, as one has 1 hero one is playing the story (the new hero) and multiple heroes with dailies in Liberation, one could spot the difference if one paid attention.

I guess it would be nice if someone from the staff could clarify this. Then again, it would change completely nothing either way (people's approach to the game for doing things for maximum efficiency or w/e).

Originally posted by Tabofren View Post

I prefer it this way:
                        It's rewarding for players who play until late game.

Stay positive.
                        you prefer it this way, bc you are late game. being late game doesn't make you any more valuable than newcomers.

i see. ( ´_ノ` ) this is just a tad discouraging, bc i'm one of those awful people that like to grab everything an event has to offer. i grinded my butt off earlier today for a few hours and got like... maybe 50 crystals? i'm sorry if i seem whiny to you OTL

Comment

• Tabofren
                          Tabofren commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I didn't mean it this way. It was more like "Late game is usually harder than Early Game, so endgame players need to get more crystals"

• Crybaby
                          Crybaby commented
                          Editing a comment
                          i wouldn't necessarily say end gamers "need" more crystals??

Awww ~ That's horrible ~ Q x Q
                        If you get out of story, I can probably grind my butt off with you ~ > / / / <
                        I'm trying for the Aura too ~

Comment

i see. ( ´_ノ` ) this is just a tad discouraging, bc i'm one of those awful people that like to grab everything an event has to offer. i grinded my butt off earlier today for a few hours and got like... maybe 50 crystals? i'm sorry if i seem whiny to you OTL
                          But honestly, you could speed through the story mode if you want to maximize your gains from the event. Story takes a few hours of gameplay (3-5). IIRC, someone used to carry people through the story for some pennies, even.

I myself like to squeeze everything from events in general, but if you play only for a few hours daily... I honestly doubt you'd be able to grab the last reward.
                          Relax, however. There are many events to come, as the game is very new and there are ~6 more heroes to be released, each with their own events and whatnot.

Comment

Working...
                          X