A suggestion about monsters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggestion about monsters

As of right now, each map is basically split into "sectors", requiring to you clear (kill all monsters) in sector 1 before sector 2's monsters spawn. Each sector is has their own "waves", where only a select amount of mobs spawn which you need to kill before a second wave comes, and then finally you may proceed to the next sector.

I was wondering if there'd be any way for monsters too spawn on all parts of the map at once. By doing so, you could run around to collect mobs and cleave them all down at once which would be extremely satisfying and time efficient, or go at your own pace and pull a bunch at a time if you lack AoE or the gear. To me, it feels a bit clunky and slow paced as it is right now :/.

A game to reference: Diablo 3, all monsters load in on each map.

Agree? Disagree? Please share your own opinions.I'm open-minded so try to be respectful.
    Last edited by Wet; 12-13-2016, 04:47 PM.

I think with how slow some of the mobs moved, you wouldn't really gain much time, but all the same I don't see why they can't all spawn. I'm all for things being more efficient and dislike how the mobs currently spawn. Heck, I get annoyed with Lib/Pt etc. where you have to load in between each map...would love to see a way to connect them or change the map sizes some to accommodate less downtime.

At the very least, I dislike the waves each section has. If they keep it the way it is now, I feel they should at least make it so once you kill a small portion of the first wave the rest spawn. Similar to how it is but would be a smaller amount to make it less choppy. More ideally though, the sections wouldn't have waves, and the mobs would all spawn.

Comment

So while it's definitely an interesting idea, I do have two questions/concerns with this -- one you may be able to address. That first one is: it would make sense for bosses still not to show up until all mobs are defeated. But if it is a map that spawns minibosses, which right now is normally triggered after a certain number of waves/sectors, how would you ideally see that handled under your suggestion? While the story in HeroWarz isn't strong, some of the minibosses are triggered at thematic points -- such as Hansel showing up after Gretel is defeated, or . If both were just to be on the map chilling until you got to them, it may be a bit awkward to explain that through the story. Or in Liberation where the Divers show up after certain amounts of waves... would their eggs just be sitting on the maps, or how would that be handled?

Then... my second concern is for those with worse systems or connections. If there's too much being processed at once (which an entire mission full of monsters has the potential to be), they may lag heavily or be completely unable to play. It isn't much of a worry for Diablo where there was a pay-to-play barrier put in place to begin with, but for free to play games, connection speeds for others may prove to be a bigger worry... not just for "can the user play" but also "how big of a disruption to their teammates will it become."

Comment

• Wet
        Wet commented
        Editing a comment
        I personally feel that these mini bosses should be removed from missions that are outside of Story missions (PT/Lib) IF this suggestion were to be implemented. I don't really feel like they have a distinct purpose except for an extra boss needed to kill to progress or some form of nostalgia for the story and it would just over-complicate things. If these mini bosses absolutely must be on the map, then make it so they spawn in the next sector of the map from where you currently are. If you are at the last sector already, then make it spawn there as well. If that doesn't work, then simply make the mini bosses spawn along with every other mob. If they are *mini* bosses, I don't really think they are quite special enough to *need* a requirement just for them to spawn and progress.

For liberation, I feel like a diver egg would be perfectly fine chilling there in area surrounded by enemies that you'd most likely need to kill before attacking the egg (unless you're super geared or just a beast). You could just make the egg only take damage from single target attacks to avoid cleaving it down and activating it prematurely.

As for your second concern, I don't really know. It could be very laggy, or it could work out as well as it does on the KR version of this game. Something that probably would be impossible to implement is that there could be an option to turn it off or on, but that'd give those users with high-end PC's a distinct advantage. Perhaps maybe take this idea into playtesting and see the feedback of the players to find out if this is going to work out. Something also needs to be said: you can't please everyone.

Imagine the amount of lag that would cause OH BOY

I don't think that would ever happen unless the developer would redesign how the game works. That would also solve the party lag problems and many others. The game would become much more satisfying to play, and even more so in parties.

Not gonna happen though. Sadness.
      Last edited by seph; 12-13-2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seph View Post
        Imagine the amount of lag that would cause OH BOY

I don't think that would ever happen unless the developer would redesign how the game works. That would also solve the party lag problems and many others. The game would become much more satisfying to play, and even more so in parties.

Not gonna happen though. Sadness.
        Diablo 3 is a much, much older game compared to Herowarz. Even if Herowarz is free to play, it'd be pretty surprising if they couldn't handle something like this with modern technology..

Comment

Originally posted by Wet View Post

Diablo 3 is a much, much older game compared to Herowarz. Even if Herowarz is free to play, it'd be pretty surprising if they couldn't handle something like this with modern technology..
          It seems you have no idea.

Comment

They could *cough* re-implament *cough* the destroyable objects on the maps which force spawns all the mobs in that 'section' like KR. There's no lag for it since it's not spawning the entire map. Oh wait, A.Storm wants to change our version completely.
            Guess we're never getting this type of feature nor the original method of it. Ever.

Sorry Wet, as much as a lot of people, including myself would want something like this, it would never happen. Where's my "Endless Dimension" I suggested? I made that before I knew KR even had "Endless Corridor" and they haven't even given us that as an 'endless' system instead of my suggested one even though it's not really endless, it's only til 2200~2500 Monster Kills.

Edit: Not saying we aren't going to get Endless Corridor, but my Endless Dimension suggestion won't get implemented.
            If anything, we'll get trolled and they'll give us KR's Endless Corridor and call it "Endless Dimension" when it wouldn't even be as suggested.

A bit off-topic~
            I haven't seen 1 content(modes) from anyone's suggestion get added yet besides popular characters.
            Some that I can think of are, my Endless Dimension, Lacrima's Liberation: Abyss, and another one I forgot.
            I guess you could say they added "Option Change" but we asked for Skill Mods on Gears to be changed, not Costumes, but Snow White did say we'll get it.

Let me remind us all of this thread: Dungeon-Dropped Temporary Costumes to Permanent
            They added this, but they didn't add it the 100% the way Spiral suggested, instead of letting us make them permanent, they added MORE RNG to it, which some of the Admins/GM's here on the forums stated several times that they are trying to lower or remove some of the RNG factors in the game. Sure doesn't look like it.
            Last edited by Hiek; 12-14-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X