Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allow players to rebind keys

self explanatory i think.

This has been requested since day one, and multiple times.
    Change/remove dual mouse buttons binding
    Custom Hotkeys.
    Support for other Keyboard Layouts / Custom Hotkeys
    The skill that requires holding down both mouse buttons
    Can't rebind keys?
    Customize hotkeys?
    There are probably even more, and I also wanted to point out, all the people who requested these also quit already. :x

Though, I guess it wouldn't hurt to mention it again until they do make one. I'd like to bind my Double Click skill to [6] key.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiek View Post
      This has been requested since day one, and multiple times.
      Change/remove dual mouse buttons binding
      Custom Hotkeys.
      Support for other Keyboard Layouts / Custom Hotkeys
      The skill that requires holding down both mouse buttons
      Can't rebind keys?
      Customize hotkeys?
      There are probably even more, and I also wanted to point out, all the people who requested these also quit already. :x

Though, I guess it wouldn't hurt to mention it again until they do make one. I'd like to bind my Double Click skill to [6] key.
      i really want to rebind keys 4 and 5 to my thumb mouse buttons. playing ram, i keep accidentally pressing 4 and it's driving me crazy.
      i do the same thing with b's mana/health skill.

Comment

As Hiek mentioned, this has been suggested (and forwarded for review) in the past. Still, I'll forward it again -- maybe we'll get a response about it.

To everyone else, if this is a suggestion that you are in favor of, please do post to show your support. Supporting suggestions helps show the devs how desired it is and that it's desired by a variety of users!

Comment

This is kind of a standard feature in games though, right? Even in remakes and remasters, I don't remember even a small hand-full of games where this option wasn't available, especially in a PC game and especially in a game that is so RELIANT on players doing the 'spider' with their fingers. This game requires players to be comfortable with their skill map on the keyboard in order to be able to hit the right skill at the right time with accuracy and for memory (not having to look at the keyboard), so they have to be comfortable with their bindings.

The 'spider':

As for posting to show our support, well...this thread has been remade several times...I think that counts for something. If that's not enough, then I'll add another suggestion on top of this: maintenance the forums so we can actually up-vote/like threads and comments. As far as I know, every thread posted since June has a number of views, responses, and 0 likes, as if we could. I'm sure there were threads and comments created in the past that would have gotten hundreds or thousands of up-votes if we could have given them. Sorry if I'm sounding snappy, but...we're in the 7th month since release and this is a basic function of feedback in a forum. I'm just trying to be real here. I mean, we've been able to flag comments since day one right? But we can't up-vote to show we support something?
          Last edited by Spiral; 12-19-2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Suteki
            Suteki commented
            Editing a comment
            If users create polls for their suggestions, voting "yes/no" certainly can count towards showing support. I checked a thread of my own and it doesn't seem like they can be edited into existing threads, but when creating new suggestions, users are more than encouraged to create a poll in the thread. I believe the Elsword forums have a sticky with a template including a poll requirement for this exact purpose, so maybe creating a similar sticky could do us well.

As far as the inability to like stuff, I remember that functionality being a little wonky and easily manipulated on the GC forums (which used the same vBulletin version), so I'm not sure if that's been able to be repaired or if it was yet another error on VB's side. VB5 was a lot less user-friendly in regards to fixes from what I remember with GC.

• Spiral
            Spiral commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't dabble too much on Elsword or the forums there so I can't really say much about how things were handled there. Though the few polls I remember seeing or making didn't get very many responses, I suppose I'll try to add one in the threads and such I make from now on. If that's all we have to work with then I suppose it'll be the responsibility of each player to take it upon themselves to participate in every poll they see from now on if they really want a specific statement to stand out. Not that I really have a grasp of the size of the player base or the percentage of it that read/participate on the forums.

Yep...as has been asked for many times, this would be great.

I don't understand how such a standard feature to gaming is left completely out of Herowarz.

Comment

Oh yeah, I also want to throw into Crybaby suggestion, to also add the option to make the in-game cursor stay large by default in options.
            If you play using Mouse Mode (idk if it does it while using Keyboard) but when you hold Shift to not attack anything while running through mobs, it makes your cursor larger so you can see it better, and if you double click Shift 2 times quick, then it will stay large for a few seconds when if you left go of it, but it only stays like that for like 5 seconds.

I want that to be permanent, makes life so much easier when your cursor doesn't get lost in hordes of mobs sometimes.
            Last edited by Hiek; 12-22-2016, 02:04 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

^^^So much this. It's my #1irritant since starting the game a couple weeks ago. The key binding would be very much appreciated despite how well I've adjusted to it.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X