Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Detailed!] Endless Dimension (Endless Dungeon)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Detailed!] Endless Dimension (Endless Dungeon)

Welcome to the

Suggestion Thread!

Endless Dimension, or Endless Dungeon is a dungeon mode where players can enter, and start basically an endless
    dungeon that will continuously spawn mobs every 10~15 seconds (Up to a max of 4 or 5 mob group capacity.)
    This is a mode for people who like to mindlessly grind without having to enter dungeon after dungeon after loading screens.
    This mode would be perfect for players who are trying to level up, and work on gaining skill points.

• One Main Dungeon! (endless)
    • No loading screens/re-readying every dungeon run.
    • A new game style for the game. (outside of spamming dungeon after dungeons.)
    • Greater rewards! (explained later below)

Since some people may have friends who would use this to help power level a new character too quick.
    I feel like there will have to be some Requirements/Restrictions before they may use this.
    Here are some of my ideas.
    • Required to complete all story missions.
    • Required to finish all 9 Mirror Sites
    • Level 140+ (This way you don't gain skill points too quick early on since this is the purpose for Endless Dungeon.)
    • Requirement of a Minimum of 160 Depth (Since we have 170, 180+ Depth stuff already.)
    • Players may not join, or be invited once the run has begun like a normal dungeon.
    • Tent Rules still apply. (No EXP, Pennies, Drops while inside.)
    • Default Potions changed from Infinite to a limit of 30 during endless mode. (This is to make it harder, reasons explained below.)

Layout Example

-Players Start-
    "This is where the players will start."

-Exit Portal-
    "This is where the players who are done, want to claim their reward and leave."

-Mob Spawns-
    "Each mob spawn will spawn all at the same time, and will spawn around a maximum of 15~20 mobs per-spot.
    Mobs will re-spawn after 10~15 seconds."

-Limited Potions (30)-
    (Froyd Potions may still be used a much as you have.)
    "The reason for this limit, even though the dungeon is endless
    is because, the longer you stay, and the more mobs that's been defeated, the greater
    the rewards are when you are ready to leave.
    (MUST EXIT THROUGH PORTAL!)

-Difficulty increased the longer you stay!-
    "Every 10 minutes the mobs difficulty will increase.
    The start of the dungeon, even with 4 members, will be based off a 2-member monster buff"

-Additional Info-
    • Normal EXP is -30% of Player Training
    • Penny Gain is -30% of Player Training
    • Skill Point EXP Gain +20%

• Start of the Dungeon: Mobs based on 2-players. (Even when soloing, or with 4 members.)
    • 10 Minute Mark: Mobs are buffed by 1.5x of 3-member monster buff.
    • 20 Minute Mark: Mobs are buffed by 2x of 4-member monster buff.
    • 30 Minute Mark: Mobs are buffed by 3x of the 4-member monster buff.
    • 40 Minute Mark and Higher: Mobs are buffed and capped at 4x the 4-member monster buff. (Very powerful / Almost Boss-like HP's)

The monster's HP, and Attack Powers are based on the average party levels at the start of the dungeon.

Comment

Wave Bonuses:

Reward Screen

Unlike dailies, and Player Training, Etc, the bottom row of cards are NOT guaranteed Rare/Epic gears.
      Instead, they are normal rewards just like the above row, only with 12 choices instead of 6.
      No VIP Bonuses applied.

A lot of Fish Bait, and other materials could be dropped from Mobs.
      (Diver Codes could possibly be dropped to at a low to medium rate.)

A few reward suggestions:
      Since there are 12 cards.
      • Pandora Box (Bronze) - 2 Chances out of 12 Cards
      • Pandora Box (Silver) - 1 Chance out of 12 Cards
      • x3 Froyd Potions - 1 Chance out of 12 Cards
      • Penny Rewards: 300x ~ 2000x Bonus Pennies - 3 Chances out of 12 Cards
      • Diver Codes: x3 / x5 / x10 options.

The purpose of endless dimension is for people who prefer endlessly grinding with friends without
      repeating dungeons over and over, they can enjoy the feel of it.

The normal EXP, and Penny rates are lowered by -30% compared to Player Training
      so that there is still a reason to do Player Training.

The main purpose for Endless Dimension / Endless Dungeon
      is to
      gain your skill points faster.
      Last edited by Hiek; 08-23-2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

well you certainly went out of you way to present this lol
        +1 for the effort

but...
        40 minutes and only 4/12 chance for an epic
        kinda meh.

skill point exp is nice but its barely needed in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith View Post
          well you certainly went out of you way to present this lol
          +1 for the effort

but...
          40 minutes and only 4/12 chance for an epic
          kinda meh.

skill point exp is nice but its barely needed in most cases.
          This mode isn't aimed for farming gear or anything.
          It's mainly aimed towards Skill Points training.
          (and maybe farming to try to get Pandora Boxes and Froyd Potions if they did it.)

And I been editing all of this since 11PM. lol...
          I almost got screwed over because when I was going to post it a bit ago.
          It had a 4 Image limit error.

So I had to think about how I was going to divide it.

Comment

• Wraith
            Wraith commented
            Editing a comment
            in that case this mode would only be done for fun lol(which i dont mind tbh)
            levels and skill points are almost nothing compared to dat depth
            farming for items will always be king if the current system stays.

• Hiek
            Hiek commented
            Editing a comment
            Aah.
            Well, this is also only a base suggestion.
            If A.Storm were to take this idea, and create it.
            They could probably come up with an even better reward system.

OR, in the near future, maybe this could replace Player Training, except you would get 2 Cards every 10 minutes
            up to the 40 minute mark.
            That would be 8 chances for things and probably have 3 or 4 Epics hidden?

Who knows.
            Things could be changed/improved.
            I'd leave that up to A.Storm since most of the reward suggestions, or even the time limit thing
            would even be used if they decided to make it.

I think the difficulty should ramp up quicker then every 10 mins maybe every 3-5 and the rewards shouldn't take 40 mins to ramp up maybe 15-20 mins
          Last edited by BlueLulu; 07-28-2016, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Nice!!! I like this idea! And you def went all out for this one XD even have nice graphics with it it can def give me something to do besides liberation and labyrinth all day XD

Comment

I think 40 mins is too long, maybe instead of 10 mins each make it like 5 mins?.
              If I got Disconnected on the 35th minute, it will break my heart.

Comment

Neat idea, and good thinking. Even if it's not implemented as a permanent feature, it would be a pretty strong idea for an event dungeon.

The only thing I can think to caution is, you don't want your Endless idea to be the be-all, end-all of the game. A lot of games implement an endless feature to compensate endgame grinding, but once the grind is complete, anything left to do dies out. So in your case, if you start here at 160 depth (which is quite easily attained after 70), you wouldn't want people to cap out anything just from this. I think one could easily compensate the -30% EXP with EXP buffs and stats, so it would be steady, albeit slower. It's the dominant strategy issue - if your dungeon is "too good" for that level range, it'll be all anyone ever plays - if it's "too good" to reach the endgame content, everyone will cap with it and be done.

But I think you've accounted for that, or I can tell you intended to do so anyway. So other than that caution, everything looks fairly well laid out. You've got potential for further uses as well - Imagine a Hard and Extreme mode of this purely for endgame, where after every 5-10 minutes, a boss did appear, with a slightly better rate of Sidekick Contracts, Rarest Mounts, Perma Costumes... Or even a unique boss with unique drops and a title that has a fairly high chance to spawn (like 10% every wave, 25% every boss wave or something) AFTER the 40 minute mark? Not that I'm trying to override what you've done, but as you mentioned, this is only the base idea - I just see a lot of potential in numerous other ways.

EDIT: What's best about this idea is that, although it uses the same shortcuts that PT, LIb, and Lab do (using the same mobs in the same way), it takes away the tedium of having to move through a level, and adds a new constraint: Time. The mechanics are centered around staying alive longer and accomplishing as much as possible within that time, unlike the other three, which are just "same runs but higher stats." Even if the gameplay was identical, the challenge of time and endurance would be very refreshing, and the idea that you could get rewarded for it would make players quite happy.
                Last edited by Lloyd13z; 07-28-2016, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Queen
                  Queen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  to be honest...if this was an endless dungeon that scaled with LEVEL instead of all the current playable content, i would wanna see how we 200s struggle at this LOL

• Hiek
                  Hiek commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah.
                  Maybe it could be bumped up to 180 or 190 Depth then.

People keep saying ''40 mins for 4/12 for stuff'' are also missing the point
                  that this idea was mainly for gaining skill points much faster.

I suppose this could be made into an endgame content when you farmed your depth high enough, but want
                  to start grinding to cap your Skill Points now.

The rewards are just a bonus for doing it.
                  There doesn't even have to be any rewards. x:

I like the idea but theres are a few things i would want change.. Difficulty shouldnt be set on time and nor should the rewards. However i'd like to have them set on waves. Cause if you're higher lv than you could breeze thro like 100 waves in 10 minutes whereas low lvs prob would only make it thro 10 waves. Pretty sure i'd take froyd potions out of rewards since they arent a reward in any dungeon and is fairly useless. I'd change the map to something that resembles the first map in Panth- Bari except bigger by a lil. There shouldnt be an exit portal, should be like a "exit when you/your team times". SP/EXP rates should follow the same rate because the game is designed so that if you havent died once/loss exp once you'll get +100SP at 200. I'd also like the mobs to follow standard drops rates and mobs to not follow a certain spawn rate. I feel it should be like mobs ALWAYS spawn when your clear a wave unless "if" wave isnt clear by "..." time. Also as you progress in waves, the amount of waves should increase, for example, every 50 waves you should get an additional wave to spawn and the amount of waves you could have is increased by 1 every time this happens. As for rewards, i'd feel it would be absolutely ridiculous to make them PT tiered epics if it has a requirement of 140+...because that means you're grind to 140+ has not given you 170depth yet. Which is very unlikely now with the depth changes.Rewards definitely should be changed..no froyd potions for sure and idk something else to change epic tier PT. Maybe a dungeon exclusively giving gold/pandora/exp/idk whatever else they decide. Or make or formatted to difficulties? so one for lower depth/one for higher depth/one for money? idk there should be a difficulty option tho i think.

Comment

i like most of Queens tweaks, ill add on to them.
                  Originally posted by Queen View Post
                  . I'd change the map to something that resembles the first map in Panth- Bari except bigger by a lil
                  poisonous grounds is a better template, for an arena style map. or the one where you fight super crinket and IQ

There shouldnt be an exit portal, should be like a "exit when you/your team times". SP/EXP rates should follow the same rate because the game is designed so that if you havent died once/loss exp once you'll get +100SP at 200. I'd also like the mobs to follow standard drops rates and mobs to not follow a certain spawn rate. I feel it should be like mobs ALWAYS spawn when your clear a wave unless "if" wave isnt clear by "..." time. Also as you progress in waves, the amount of waves should increase, for example, every 50 waves you should get an additional wave to spawn and the amount of waves you could have is increased by 1 every time this happens
                  the exit should only show up once your team is dead imo, there should be no exp loss when you die
                  you just get booted out and get your reward.
                  or if your in a party it takes you into a viewing mode where you can watch your pt members struggle lol
                  mobs should just always spawn, doesn't matter if you kill the previous wave or not
                  the pacing will become relentless as you stay longer
                  monsters just keep appearing and you have to keep up until your dead.

As for rewards, i'd feel it would be absolutely ridiculous to make them PT tiered epics
                  imo just make the rewards start from a base depth(with a variance) or add dificulties which determine the max depth of the items
                  every X minutes +1 max depth is added on the items you can get
                  a timer should display how long youve been at it, and the depth of items you can get.

Comment

• Queen
                    Queen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    honestly dont like rewards being at "x" time because then i could just hold waves, since im sure it would only spawn "x" wave unless "x" is killed within "x" time. OR "x" amount of waves until "x" waves exist on map. Which on both cases, you could essentially run around and hold mobs for hours and stack those rewards like nothing. The system has to be on a waves killed/currently on system and not time.

• Wraith
                    Wraith commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hm yea, i missed that point because of wall of text XD
                    they could make it based on mobs killed, coding something like that for waves would be more complex

• Hiek
                    Hiek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Queen
                    LOL! I forgot to finish adding that, you could see somewhere in my suggestion about the rewards being
                    based on kills too, but I forgot to add the rest of the information for it, instead I only had the ''Time'' added to it.

Believe it or not, I was working on this thread from 9:22 PM to like 4 AM.

A lot of it was editing pictures.
                    Then I almost flipped my s**t last night cause I worked on it for all that time and got the ''You posted over 20 images''

due to a ''4 image rule'' so I had to spend a bit of time counting my images, and figure out
                    how I was going to divide the entire thread without multi-posting too many times.

I was half tired as well.

I will edit the suggestions and change some things in a day or two.
                    I need a small break from this thread, spent too much time for what it was. rofl

I even had to edit this section into an Image because of the detailed design I wanted.
                    Too many pictures.
                    Last edited by Hiek; 07-28-2016, 04:19 PM.

i like the idea owo +1

Comment

I'd like to suggest some changes regarding the initial difficulty level: adjusting it based off of character level is unfair. I believe that it should be based off of depth instead of level. Furthermore, I think it's better to have it based off of the highest depth member in the party. That way, a 210 depth individual can't just steamroll the place for 3 of his/her 150 depth friends, it also encourages people to find parties around their depth level.

Comment

• Queen
                      Queen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would kind of want to see what happens tbh if they scale to avg lv in the party, just cause i wanna see the struggle of 4 lv 200s tryna kill lv 200 mobs will mills of HP LOL :3

• Wraith
                      Wraith commented
                      Editing a comment
                      its already happening with lab and they seem not too bothered by it
                      probably gotta speak up more about this so it doesn't set a precedent for future content.

Originally posted by Lacrima View Post
                    I'd like to suggest some changes regarding the initial difficulty level: adjusting it based off of character level is unfair. I believe that it should be based off of depth instead of level. Furthermore, I think it's better to have it based off of the highest depth member in the party. That way, a 210 depth individual can't just steamroll the place for 3 of his/her 150 depth friends, it also encourages people to find parties around their depth level.
                    Ah yeah, that would make more sense.
                    I haven't even begun to level anyone to Lv. 200+ with a lot of Depth yet
                    since I been getting every character to Lv. 70~100 first (for the total level.)

Yeah, I know it doesn't really have a purpose right now, but it will in the future. xD
                    I have OCD now with that so I need to finish my goal before I continue further.

So a lot of the suggestions in this idea are probably majorly flawed since I don't know much about the Endgame.

Comment

• Lacrima
                      Lacrima commented
                      Editing a comment
                      End game is pretty similar to mid game, except you do way more damage. Based on what I've seen while carrying people in lab, a 210 depth player will typically do 15x the total damage of a 160 depth player. Note that this is merely based off the damage bar @ the end of a dungeon, and hence, may not technically be accurate due to many other factors, such as overkill and individual experience.

bump this cause i still want it to happen...

GMPie suggest this too? maybe exactly all rewards and layout and everything, but the idea/concept of endless dungeon? Maybe turn it into a penny dungeon where you only farm pennies?
                    Last edited by Queen; 08-10-2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X