Character Balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Balance

So we only have 5 characters but from my experience some are stronger than others. Yes, gear might play into this and build but when I as Ara see a Derrick doubling my damage I get to wondering if balance is out of whack. So what are your thoughts?

Derrick is front line while ARA is long range so it makes a lot of sense that they don't do the same amount of damage.

It's definitely too early to talk about balance.

Comment

If you have any comments regarding the balancing let us know!

Comment

Perhaps its just how many enemies they can hit with their abilities, derrick is melee so he has a short range but wider spread and can hit multiple enemies at a time with his basic attacks, Ara on the other hand can only hit maybe 4 at the max with her basic attacks. Different teams probably affect the damage output of each character. Bruisers keep the enemy focus on them, and also bunch up enemies for ranged characters to unload and line up all their AOE and high damage skills. Team dynamics probably aren't perfect so the bruisers probably just do whatever they want rather than peeling for the ranged characters.

Comment

I haven't got Derrick high enough, but I currently party with an Ara due to my fiance playing her and she seems to focus around AoE and 'control'. I don't know how well Derrick's AoE management is, but it feels like he can compete with her in terms of control and disrupting enemies.

Comment

So after leveling all characters here is my assessment:

Audrey: The strongest out of all the characters. Her turret (d1 drone) is overpowered. Such a massive power spike when that ability unlocks due to the aggro they pull allowing you to unload as well as the sustained damage of the ability. The boot stat that summons an extra drone felt mandatory.

Derrick: Best trash clearer would be my assessment. Subpar on bosses. His trash clear is where all his damage comes from it feels like.

B: Clear times were decent. Good trash clear and decent burst. Had to play very hit and run on bosses.

Ara: I'm still up in the air on her. I ended up playing a jump build with clams on her. Her tidal wave with clam proc was strong but required really good positioning of the mob you wanted to hit. If you can position right, that ability hit like a truck sometimes taking off a full bar off a boss. At 400 mana cost though that build would need a lot of mana regen to sustain. Friends of the mountain couldn't sustain alone. This is character I got to level 101 with and solo'd Second Mirror. Completed second mirror at level 95 and 153 depth. Suggested depth was 169 so as for her power idk. Clearing it definitely wasn't a walk in the park.

Nagne: This guy needs serious buffs. His movement ability is trash and he just felt unfun to play. So slow in my opinion. I stopped playing him at level 15 when I saw how horrendous his clear times were. Maybe he gets better with level but he felt really weak from the get go.

Comment

I have no comments on Audrey, Derrick, or B.

However, the only complaint I had about Ara was how fragile she was. Nagne isn't weak, I could see people being turned off by him due to how lackluster he is at the beginning. As you progress throughout the levels he does become more manageable, though.

Comment

From my experience playing all characters and Audrey I can say for sure since she was my main in the beginning she's OK but once u get gear that changes a lot of her skills like photon tornado, 2 to 3 drone summons skill and being able to toss out 3 mines at a time, and other buffs. I got lucky with some nice stuff on my gear. Her damage becomes really good and most of my player training runs after I'd say level 100 cause that's when I had all the skill buffs were 40% to 45% in 4 man party damage or in level. I had a run a few times when i even get 65% of the damage or more in smaller parties.

I didn't play Nagne for long but when I did he did feel slow in the beginning but after I got a weapon with high weapon speed, I can say for sure once he has speed he feels really fun .

Derrick early levels felt easy when I was playing him but if I had any problems it might be that I could burn through mana very fast if I wasn't watching him or wasn't managing it well but besides that I didn't have any issues with him and this was till level 20 since that's what I played him up to.

Ara I played but I didn't get to high only level 40 but to me she had nice aoes but her damage didn't feel so great maybe cause I didn't have really any skill changes like I did on my Audrey for gear but like I said I was only level 40 I'am sure someone Higher level could speak on the her and the others better.

B I played till 20 but to me he was fast had nice mobbing skills and nice damage but if I wasn't watching my hp when using the hp drain skills id kill myself sometimes but like i said before I'am sure other people can speak better that are higher level. In all i think characters get a lot better once you get gear that either makes certain skills better or changes them completely. This is just my experiences of the classes i played.
                Last edited by [CBT1]Sadist; 05-25-2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadist View Post
                  From my experience playing all characters and Audrey I can say for sure since she was my main in the beginning she's OK but once u get gear that changes a lot of her skills like photon tornado, 2 to 3 drone summons skill and being able to toss out 3 mines at a time, and other buffs. I got lucky with some nice stuff on my gear. Her damage becomes really good and most of my player training runs after I'd say level 100 cause that's when I had all the skill buffs were 40% to 45% in 4 man party damage or in level. I had a run a few times when i even get 65% of the damage or more in smaller parties.

I didn't play Nagne for long but when I did he did feel slow in the beginning but after I got a weapon with high weapon speed, I can say for sure once he has speed he feels really fun .

Derrick early levels felt easy when I was playing him but if I had any problems it might be that I could burn through mana very fast if I wasn't watching him or wasn't managing it well but besides that I didn't have any issues with him and this was till level 20 since that's what I played him up to.

Ara I played but I didn't get to high only level 40 but to me she had nice aoes but her damage didn't feel so great maybe cause I didn't have really any skill changes like I did on my Audrey for gear but like I said I was only level 40 I'am sure someone Higher level could speak on the her and the others better.

B I played till 20 but to me he was fast had nice mobbing skills and nice damage but if I wasn't watching my hp when using the hp drain skills id kill myself sometimes but like i said before I'am sure other people can speak better that are higher level. In all i think characters get a lot better once you get gear that either makes certain skills better or changes them completely. This is just my experiences of the classes i played.
                  So for someone who did play all the characters did you use the team locker to give your newer/lower PC's (player characters) hand me down in equips or just what they earned on their own? Played mostly Audrey myself and all the gear I got in drops/rewards was geared towards her skills or just no buffs at all, was wonder if an item with skills for one would change to match a different PC?

Comment

If you were to move a piece of equipment from your Audrey with an Audrey-specific augment to your alternate character Ara, it would still have Audrey's augment.

Comment

I got to around 100 with Nagne and he feels really smooth but weak in damage.

This might change once I get better gear but I had a decent depth and I did not do close to what the other melee classes were doing. I still get place decent on total damage charts but I know for a fact that anyone who is decent at B or Derrick will do more damage than me.

I'm not going to touch on that as much since he might be a lot better once I'm even higher level but then I don't see how he will magically be stronger than those who already beat him with the same depth.

Let's talk about how his skills that he get later on are just unimaginative and lack luster. After level 40(?) any other skills he get are just bland and boring. I felt conflicted to give up any of the skills I had at the beginning for new ones just because they just seem weak and not fun to play.

His first Q is him slashing his sword down on the ground. This skill is so satisfying to use and I love using whenever it's up. You would think that the new skill that he get would be something awesome right? To replace this beast sword skill......he now summons 1 wheel that rolls around.

What....
                      Not like this...

From an awesome sword skill for a samurai he now summons a wheel that slowly rolls to the direction he cast it on. I don't care if this wheel does more damage than the sword skill. It's just so unsatisfying and disappointing to grind levels to get that skill.

Then you get the starter E that slice his sword up in the air and allows you to keep doing downward slash on your foes. If you have the dragon spirit spec you can Q while you're in the air and summon A DRAGON. So what do we get for his new skill? You now slash 1 time and it knocks them down.

What.

Q and E upgrade is fine I can at least ignore the choice and just not use it....but then we have the rest of his skills which are insulting.

The rest are just passives that you have to choose.

Do you want to choose between getting free stats while moving or not moving.

Do you want to get small mana/hp regen over damage (40-50 sec cool down)

You're ultimate form is on 2 minute cooldown that just makes you do more damage and increase range. So another stat buff.

All of this just doesn't feel good to me. Maybe all the classes are like this because I only played Nagne at high level but it just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

At early level Nagne was the smoothest class to play and that is why I picked him. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I just don't understand how these skills are interesting. I hope someone can give an insight on why I might be wrong to think that Nagne's weak in damage and why his higher level skills seem unimaginative and simply not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

So for someone who did play all the characters did you use the team locker to give your newer/lower PC's (player characters) hand me down in equips or just what they earned on their own? Played mostly Audrey myself and all the gear I got in drops/rewards was geared towards her skills or just no buffs at all, was wonder if an item with skills for one would change to match a different PC?
                        I only used gear that i got from drops so i didn't use any from my other characters. Basically what Irru said so if i already unsealed it then it wont change at all. It will still be Audrey skills on it.

Comment

Nagne early on is very underpowered compared to the rest of the cast, as with Ara. I think their playstyle is more dependent on the abilities though rather than their attacks so maybe running Cooldown Items on them is better than Attack Speed. I know Ara's abilities are quite powerful and she gets some mana regen abilities so maybe that's the way to go with her. As for Nagne I didn't play him much at all because of how long it took to do those early missions.

Comment

Garen is the best class hands down... Opps I mean Derrick... The only reason everyone isn't playing derrick, because we find the other characters more appealing.... I mean if Derrick was a denis and built like tsunade #FanService everyone will be playing him instead of audrey..

Comment

Originally posted by King View Post
                              I got to around 100 with Nagne and he feels really smooth but weak in damage.

<snip>

At early level Nagne was the smoothest class to play and that is why I picked him. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I just don't understand how these skills are interesting. I hope someone can give an insight on why I might be wrong to think that Nagne's weak in damage and why his higher level skills seem unimaginative and simply not interesting.
                              I played Nagne to level 80, and it was the same for me. I felt like I played well whenever I was in a party with others, but was consistently dealing the least amount of damage at the result screen.
                              If it's just me and not the character, I'd love to find out how to be a better Nagne.

Also, while I agree that rolling a wheel is much less cool than slamming his sword on the ground, I loved the wheel skill. I guess it was mostly because it was his only ranged attack, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X