Nintendo 3DS Fans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo 3DS Fans?

So, with a highly-desired title being released on Friday, I couldn't help but wonder: who else is a fan of the Nintendo 3DS? Do you have one, what are some of your favorite titles, etc? Or heck, what do you think will happen to the 3DS with the announcement of the mobile Nintendo Switch?

To answer some of my own questions... Nintendo has had me by the wallet for ages, and the 3DS has proven no different. Pokemon, the handheld Zeldas, and Animal Crossing New Leaf have all been staples for me. I have Pokemon Moon preordered, and the new ACNL Welcome Amiibo update has been fantastic (and has gotten me to visit my town for the first time in ages... woops).

If the 3DS hasn't been much your thing, why not? Are handheld consoles a thing of the past with mobile games, or does Nintendo just not pull you in with its games anymore?

Suteki how dare you not visit your town your poor villages probably missed you so much >:O (same though haha)

I love the 3DS and is the system I have the most games on haha. My favs being things like Pokemon, Devil Survivor Series, Rune Factory/Harvest Moon, and Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates. Also personally I just really hope they continue to make 3DS games even with the Switch out; it's still so popular of a system plus I won't buy the switch till prob around a year after it comes out lol

Comment

Originally posted by Esper View Post
      Suteki how dare you not visit your town your poor villages probably missed you so much >:O (same though haha)

I love the 3DS and is the system I have the most games on haha. My favs being things like Pokemon, Devil Survivor Series, Rune Factory/Harvest Moon, and Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates. Also personally I just really hope they continue to make 3DS games even with the Switch out; it's still so popular of a system plus I won't buy the switch till prob around a year after it comes out lol
      My townsfolk kept shaming me for taking an eight month break... and now that I'm back and am really only missing spring/summer bugs and fish, I'm shaming myself too >.> One of my favorite villagers did move out though... I'm looking for his Amiibo card to force him back to my town now, but stores have slim stock so it'll be a long hunt. Won't fix my town layout though...

I think besides PC games, the 3DS is the system I play the most too :x I've never heard of Devil Survivor, but I have heard of Rune Factory/Harvest Moon/Fire Emblem. FE just scares me off because if one of my faves die in a battle, don't they stay dead? Or has that changed?

I would like to still see 3DS games after the Switch comes out, and I personally think they'll keep going if only because of the lesser graphics requirements of the 3DS and the fact that it's harder for kids to break these (compared to the preview of the Switch, anyways). I don't feel like they'd fully take Pokemon from the handhelds, but who knows. It seems like by merging the benefits of an at-home and a handheld console, they would probably try to merge what games show up on which?

Comment

Originally posted by Suteki View Post

My townsfolk kept shaming me for taking an eight month break... and now that I'm back and am really only missing spring/summer bugs and fish, I'm shaming myself too >.> One of my favorite villagers did move out though... I'm looking for his Amiibo card to force him back to my town now, but stores have slim stock so it'll be a long hunt. Won't fix my town layout though...

I think besides PC games, the 3DS is the system I play the most too :x I've never heard of Devil Survivor, but I have heard of Rune Factory/Harvest Moon/Fire Emblem. FE just scares me off because if one of my faves die in a battle, don't they stay dead? Or has that changed?

I would like to still see 3DS games after the Switch comes out, and I personally think they'll keep going if only because of the lesser graphics requirements of the 3DS and the fact that it's harder for kids to break these (compared to the preview of the Switch, anyways). I don't feel like they'd fully take Pokemon from the handhelds, but who knows. It seems like by merging the benefits of an at-home and a handheld console, they would probably try to merge what games show up on which?
        oh no that stinks D: I wish you luck with getting him back!

For the FE question: Awakening and Fates has a mode where you don't have to lose your allies they just come back after the battle which does help newcomers. (I personally play though the first time with that to enjoy the story then since I've played all the games go back hardmode and cry when the person I married dies x.x)

But yeah Devil Survivor isn't as known as the others I listed; it's an rpg series by Atlus (if you've heard of Catherine, SMT and Persona they made those) and is one of my favorites ^.^

Comment

Portable Nintendo consoles, and their rich selection of RPG games, have been my companions for a long time. Harvest Moon and Yu Gi Oh also took up a lot of my time. I think the DS lite was my favorite. It's battery life couldn't be beat! I got into Pokemon when platinum came out. If anyone wants my friend code, shoot me a message!

Comment

So, with a highly-desired title being released on Friday, I couldn't help but wonder: who else is a fan of the Nintendo 3DS? Do you have one, what are some of your favorite titles, etc? Or heck, what do you think will happen to the 3DS with the announcement of the mobile Nintendo Switch?

To answer some of my own questions... Nintendo has had me by the wallet for ages, and the 3DS has proven no different. Pokemon, the handheld Zeldas, and Animal Crossing New Leaf have all been staples for me. I have Pokemon Moon preordered, and the new ACNL Welcome Amiibo update has been fantastic (and has gotten me to visit my town for the first time in ages... woops).

If the 3DS hasn't been much your thing, why not? Are handheld consoles a thing of the past with mobile games, or does Nintendo just not pull you in with its games anymore?
            Pokemon is pretty much all I play, I have Bravely Default, and ACNL. I been thinking about getting the "New" 3DS XL since the Pokemon Games seem to have some frame issues but after looking into it more, it's not improved on the New 3DS either, so it just seems like bad optimizations.

So a friend of mine recommended me to hold off until the Switch comes out since it would play 3DS Games so I'll probably wait until then.
            I just recently finish beating Pokemon Y, and I opened Pokemon OR 2 days ago. (it was sealed since Christmas 2015. LOL!!)
            I need to finish that before I open Pokemon Sun, but I did pre-order it.

Comment

• Ostgrob
              Ostgrob commented
              Editing a comment
              So -that's- what you meant by needing to catch up lol.

• Hiek
              Hiek commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, so my Sun will probably be un-opened for a few days after I get it until I finish Omega Ruby.

• Integrity
              Integrity commented
              Editing a comment
              Mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm!

Originally posted by Ostgrob View Post
            Portable Nintendo consoles, and their rich selection of RPG games, have been my companions for a long time. Harvest Moon and Yu Gi Oh also took up a lot of my time. I think the DS lite was my favorite. It's battery life couldn't be beat! I got into Pokemon when platinum came out. If anyone wants my friend code, shoot me a message!
            DS Lite was your fave? It was my first, but I've honestly been loving my New 3DS XL. Maybe it's just because it can support better graphics... going back and playing things like Phantom Hourglass, they don't hold up as well :x

Originally posted by Hiek View Post

Pokemon is pretty much all I play, I have Bravely Default, and ACNL. I been thinking about getting the "New" 3DS XL since the Pokemon Games seem to have some frame issues but after looking into it more, it's not improved on the New 3DS either, so it just seems like bad optimizations.

So a friend of mine recommended me to hold off until the Switch comes out since it would play 3DS Games so I'll probably wait until then.
            I just recently finish beating Pokemon Y, and I opened Pokemon OR 2 days ago. (it was sealed since Christmas 2015. LOL!!)
            I need to finish that before I open Pokemon Sun, but I did pre-order it.
            Ooh, Bravely Default. I've heard mixed things about that (definitely don't want to spoil for those who haven't played though). And as I mentioned, ACNL is one of my favorites. I hadn't heard about the frame rate issues for Pokemon on the 3DSXL though -- I didn't play ORAS so that might've been why it went under the radar for me.

I don't know if the Switch itself will play 3DS games... I'm definitely getting one myself, but I couldn't tell if the cartridge from the Switch trailer looked enough like a 3DS one. But eShops are a thing, so who knows.

I'm glad that I have some of next week off of work to be able to binge Pokemon Moon... I wouldn't be able to wait too long before playing it myself.

Comment

• Ostgrob
              Ostgrob commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, my coral pink DS Lite The DS Lite lasted forever before needing a charge, plus sentimental reasons. The 3DS is great, don't get me wrong! But it only lasts like 4 hours, maybe. I never use the 3D, though. The Pokewalker that came with HG/SS on DS Lite was so great, too. I caught a Pikachu with the Fly ability!
              Last edited by Ostgrob; 11-18-2016, 07:06 AM.

3D effects of the 3DS make my head hurt and make my stomach feel sick >.< So I didnt get a 3DS couldnt see paying for something when I wouldnt be able to use the major "draw facor" of it as an upgrade. I did get a 2DS when those came out though! I <3 Finaly fantasy Explorers... It's my latest handheld obsession

Comment

• Ostgrob
              Ostgrob commented
              Editing a comment
              A review I read said the more recent 3DS improved on the 3D technology and that it is much better now. Just an FYI for those that want the 3D but not the headaches lol

Originally posted by Valten View Post
            3D effects of the 3DS make my head hurt and make my stomach feel sick >.< So I didnt get a 3DS couldnt see paying for something when I wouldnt be able to use the major "draw facor" of it as an upgrade. I did get a 2DS when those came out though! I <3 Finaly fantasy Explorers... It's my latest handheld obsession
            I never use the 3D effect. I think I'm too dumb to see it. Or atleast too dumb to calibrate it.
            My favorite game is probably Kid Icarus: Uprising. I had so much fun back then
            And Animal Crossing is also sweet, although it gets repetitive fast, imo.

Comment

I hadn't heard about the frame rate issues for Pokemon on the 3DSXL though.
              It's a lot more noticeable in the Horde Battles up to 5~6 Wild Pokemon, sometimes noticeable during some AoE moves like Surf as well.
              Maybe it's easier to tell when you're used to always playing PC games in 60 FPS.

reddit:Did the frame rate problems with XY and ORAS effect the game for you?
              It's even more noticeable with 3D on, but I don't play with 3D on and it's still pretty noiceable, I've heard people saying it's worst in Sun&Moon but based on the Demo it felt the same on my normal 3DS XL, so I don't know how bad the Horde Battles would be in it.

Comment

I LOVE MY 3DS <3
                3ds effect works really nice on the new 3ds but on some games I play the outlines are sharper looking for some reason and frame drops (especially from hyrule warriors)
                I play games from Bravely Default/Second to fire emblem,Persona Q.(More rpgs),Miku DX, and the mario party games and more lol. Getting sad that I'm running outta space though with a 32gb SD card q.q. One of my "friends" is one of those hackers that just downloaded all the games. It just feels way nicer to buy games on my own honestly.

Do you guys also have favorite 3ds themes too?

Also, with the 3d mode I read somewhere that it won't look good depending on the screen type the TN and Ips thing and the glare of Ips probably makes it worse.

Comment

Working...
                X